Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wgittins

Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Post by wgittins »

I have a Yahoo email and I have stopped receiving emails from the church. This has probably been happening for at least 2 weeks maybe more. I have checked all of my settings and the email is not in my blocked settings. I am worried that Yahoo is blocking it because I don't even see the emails on my junk file.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Post by jdlessley »

Try setting the church domain, @churchofjesuschrist.org or churchofjesuschrist.org, in your white list. I did this a number of years ago when their DMARC policy changed and was blocking the church messages. They changed their policy, again, for a while and allowed messages from the church domain. It appears that the volume of messages or some other event is exceeding their current policy. Even so, I have not had problems, I assume, because I have the church's domain white listed.

Borrowed from How to Whitelist an Email web page:

How to Whitelist an Email in Yahoo Mail
  1. Navigate to "Settings" icon, then click "More Settings" from the Yahoo Mail menu.
  2. Select "Filters" and hit "Add" to enter information about the domain name or sender.
  3. From here, you can enter any string of text you want to whitelist in future emails. This could be anything from an email address or domain name to something you expect to be in the body of the message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wgittins

Post by wgittins »

Thank you for your response. That did not fix the issue. It seems as if Yahoo is blocking it at a higher level because I have sent an email from the churches "Send a Message" application in LCR to both my wife's email and mine and we are not receiving them.
Last edited by wgittins on Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
danjferg

Post by danjferg »

I'm having the same issue, started around the same time. I'm happy to help research however I can.
sandland

Post by sandland »

We are also seeing the same thing for Yahoo emails. Just tried it with two different members that have Yahoo accounts and neither one received the message.
auntieoshwin

Post by auntieoshwin »

Having same issue in our ward. Digital bulletins not being received by members when sent out by ward clerk. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by auntieoshwin on Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

auntieoshwin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:42 pm Any help would be appreciated.
There's no timeline for a fix. The only option under local control is to change email services.

Unpleasant, but those are the facts at this time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wlbranson

Not receiving emails

Post by wlbranson »

For the past month, my husband and I have not been receiving emails. That includes when we make donations and emails sent through the church's leadership site from the stake and ward. I know that a while back there were some issues with those that used Yahoo. I even checked my spam folder and nothing was there either.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not receiving emails

Post by russellhltn »

wlbranson wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:25 pm For the past month, my husband and I have not been receiving emails. That includes when we make donations and emails sent through the church's leadership site from the stake and ward. I know that a while back there were some issues with those that used Yahoo. I even checked my spam folder and nothing was there either.
Your post has been merged into an existing thread. As you can see, quite a few people are experiencing the same thing.

We've heard no timeline for a fix. Your choice is to either wait or switch to a different email provider.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
holly96

Post by holly96 »

I've been experiencing this same issue with a Yahoo account, starting around the same time as it sounds like it started for others (my last email was on July 7). I tried changing my email to a gmail address, but am still not getting the emails (I don't have access to LCR to send myself a test, so my only way to test is via making a small donation to trigger the confirmation emails, which I haven't been getting). Is it possible somehow having a Yahoo account where emails weren't going through has now prevented any emails at all from being sent to my membership account, even though I have changed it to a gmail address? I really didn't even want to change my address, but was willing to in order to get the emails. But now that's not even working.

Note that I did get the emails from account@churchofjesuschrist.org at my Yahoo address when I changed my email, but I don't get them from noreply@churchofjesuschrist.org or noreply-lcr@churchofjesuschrist.org.

ETA: Well, I finally got the confirmation emails for the donations I made for testing purposes at my gmail address. They came all at once, much more delayed than usual, even though my donations were spread out a bit, and included confirmation emails for couple that I made while the email address on my account was still the Yahoo address. Progress, though I really didn't want to have to change my email in the first place.
Last edited by holly96 on Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”