Ward Notification Pager: Bulk SMS Web Application

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
pabloh007

Ward Notification Pager: Bulk SMS Web Application

Post by pabloh007 »

Hey Everyone,
I have been working on an application for little over a year now that may be of use for wards. The application allows us to bulk sms members about activities or reminders for meetings. It currently works with twilio as the sms service provider. The application is totally free you only pay for the text messages you send to twilio. (I wish I could of got that free as well). If you are interested on using the application please feel free to request a demo. If after trying out the demo you want to proceed. I will create an account/ward for you to begin using it. These are the current features

https://ward-notification-pager.io/

Request more info here
https://ward-notification-pager.io/contact

FAQ
https://ward-notification-pager.io/about

Here are some of the features
- Ability to compose and quote the message before sending
- Ability to create custom organizations/groups
- Ability to schedule a message to go out at a specific time
- Ability to receive inbound messages from your twilio phone
- Able to send consent messages to contacts as they are added.
- Ability to import contacts through a spreadsheet.
- Can have as many users for your ward needed. (mainly targeted to admins)
- Can get granular on permissions for users. (can send messages, can create contacts, can modify ward settings)
- Ability to view your twilio balance from the app
- Ability for users to opt-out and not receive messages
- multi - language support on auto reply messages (English/Spanish) and message greetings
- Mobile friendly access
- Support ward types [Family ward, YSA, Seminary]
pabloh007

Re: Ward Notification Pager: Bulk SMS Web Application

Post by pabloh007 »

It's been a while for updates. But I have renamed in most parts of the application from ward to organization group. This is to future proof the types of wards/organizations we will support. i.e. stakes, wards.
Also have extended the application session. It will last a bit a longer before you are asked to re-authenticate.

In the works. Next Year!
- Tying inbound messages to outbound messages. (more or less you will be able to see the last few messages sent to a contact when receiving an inbound message) This is to give you a context as to what users are replying to.
- Show alerts when twilio funds go low.
- Restrict users to send messages for specific organizations.
- Allow ward users to administor it's own ward users.
- Allow ability to wipe out a ward data - removing all footprints from the app.
- Allow ability to export contacts from application

Any suggestions from active users are welcome and thanks to everyone that is currently using the application
pabloh007

Post by pabloh007 »

New Version was released last week with the following updates.

- When importing records from excel into the application you can now include aux group/org as an optional column. This allows you to bulk map contacts upon importing.
- Added a resolver for inbound messages so that they can be mapped to the latest outbound message. This allows for inbound messages to be mapped to outbound messages sent. This will allow for users to figure out the context of a inbound message. When getting notified in emails you will also be able to view the context of the inbound message.
pabloh007

Post by pabloh007 »

New Updates to the Application
* you can now short url links when sending messages from the application. This can be helpful when sending class reminders and links are really long saving costs in message characters
* you can now craft broadcast messages in different languages. Depending on the contact preferred language the right message will be used. This is helpful when you ward has different language speakers. In my case we have English,Spanish and Portuguese
Screenshot from 2023-02-26 15-04-26.png
james.gurr@missionary.org

Post by james.gurr@missionary.org »

Have you considered using Google Voice? I'm not too sure of the api, but Google Voice allows a free VOIPs number and you can link your own number. I know there are other VOIPs out there that could make the app less of a price consuming way to mass text.
I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves. - Joseph Smith
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

This topic has been locked. For additional information, please visit the website in the first post above.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”