MY ACCOUNT IS SET TO PRIVATE

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hizlittleone

MY ACCOUNT IS SET TO PRIVATE

Post by hizlittleone »

My account is set to Private and I cannot unlock it. How do I fix this?

Laura Moss
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: MY ACCOUNT IS SET TO PRIVATE

Post by jdlessley »

Take a look at your household visibility (privacy) setting. This setting places limits on all the household data visibility as well as data privacy settings of every individual in the household. If the household setting is at the Private visibility setting, then the personal settings cannot be less restrictive than that setting. When attempting to change your individual visibility settings when the household visibility setting is set at Private you will not be able to change to either of the other two less restrictive settings. This may be what you are seeing.

The visibility settings can be changed either through the online Ward Directory and Map or through the Member Tools app.

In the online Ward Directory and Map;
  • Log onto the Ward Directory and Map.
  • Select your household name in the list of households in the Directory pane on left of the page.
  • While still viewing the household and not an individual within the household, select the edit icon, pencil in the blue circle, in the lower right of your household pane.
  • Select the Privacy tab in the bar just below the household name. The default tab is Contact. Immediately to the right of the Contact tab is the Photo tab. And then further to the right is the Privacy tab.
  • Select the desired household visibility in the drop-down list-box just below the Household Visibility Limit title and the paragraph describing this setting.
  • Just below the Household Visibility Limit section in the Household section you can select the desired visibility settings for the household for the household Photo, the household Phone, the household E-mail, the household Address, and the household Show on Map.
  • Click the Save button to save your selections.
Once the household visibility setting is saved with a less restrictive visibility limit then the individual data visibility can be edited. Follow the same steps as above for an individual after selecting the desired individual. Note a household of one still has a household visibility setting and an individual data setting.

In the Member Tools app;
  • Select Directory for your unit
  • Select your household name from the Directory list.
  • Tap the edit icon, pencil in a red circle, in the lower right of the window.
  • Tap the PRIVACY tab.
  • Tap the line Household Visibility Limit (black font) below the title of the same name in blue font.
  • Tap the radio button for the desired visibility limit.
  • Tap SET LIMIT after making a change or NEVER MIND to cancel any changes.
  • Continue to make changes to other household data visibility changes by tapping the appropriate item name.
  • Tap the checkmark in the upper right corner to save your changes and exit the edit mode.
    Changes to individual data visibility settings are done by tapping on the individual name and proceeding similar to the steps above. Note a household of one will have the household visibility, household data visibility and individual data visibility items on the same page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hizlittleone

Post by hizlittleone »

Thank you for your help allfixed
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Glad that I could help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”