Still receive notifications from previous ward's Circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
yoyokitten

Still receive notifications from previous ward's Circles

Post by yoyokitten »

I still receive phone notifications from my previous ward's Circles. Even though my records have been moved, and I can't actually see the notification or Circle group when I get in to the app itself.
robert.l.mayo

Re: Still receive notifications from previous ward's Circles

Post by robert.l.mayo »

Have you been able to find a solution or fix action for this? My wife is experiencing the same problem.

We have tried signing out and then back in. We have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the Living app trying to reset the permissions and circle assignments.

Thanks for your time and help.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Still receive notifications from previous ward's Circles

Post by lajackson »

robert.l.mayo wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:54 am Have you been able to find a solution or fix action for this? My wife is experiencing the same problem.
This is definitely a workaround, and it may not even work. Then again, . . .

A long time ago, even before the Gospel Living app was born, members who moved still got Calendar notifications from their old wards. Other Church services also had trouble recognizing a move.

Someone discovered that if a member went to the actual Calendar site using a computer or laptop, Calendar then would recognize the move and sync everything again. The former ward information would stop coming.

So if you wish, go to Calendar and click on the tool icon at the top right of the screen. (The gear icon just below your picture.)
From there, select Manage Calendars. Then exit out again. That may trigger whatever it is that has not reset yet.

Before you try any of this, make sure with your ward clerk that he actually has your membership records in your current ward.

And you may have to sign out of the GL app and back in again.

If none of this works, ask your clerk for contact information for the Global Services Department. Call them and ask them if they will fix it.

Return to “Gospel Living App”