Ability to see own status of Youth Protection training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
johnshaw

Re: Ability to see own status of Youth Protection training

Post by johnshaw »

Ahh... so it is just that easy to make it available under your profile :)
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
DLMcIntire

Post by DLMcIntire »

PLEASE add the ability for members to see their own status on youth protection training! There is surely no good reason (is there?) for a member to not be able see their OWN status. Having your name show up on the bishop’s list (especially when it is then discussed in ward council and leadership is then dispatched to tell you) feels like being on a “naughty list”. Most members would take action without this kind of embarrassment if there was a way to know. It is rather heavy handed to have the ward leadership, in effect, calling people out this way. Yes, I know that’s not what was intended. But I’m seeing this happen in real time. There has to be a better way.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

DLMcIntire wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:53 pm PLEASE add the ability for members to see their own status on youth protection training!
If you have read very many threads on this forum, you likely know that no one here can act on your request. If hurt feelings have resulted from members not being able to see their own youth protection training status, perhaps this would be a good topic for your Stake President to bring up in his coordinating council. Specific details would probably be useful for him.
hamstu

Post by hamstu »

At least for seeing others status as a Bishopric member (when they are not in a calling that expects it), we've just created a new "calling" called "Child and Youth Protection Status" as a custom calling under Primary which adds them to the LCR report. This helps for us sharing with Primary when they want to call substitutes.
kkporter

Post by kkporter »

[name removed]: Status of Youth Protection Training
Last edited by jdlessley on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed name to protect the privacy of a member
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kkporter wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:15 pm [name removed]: Status of Youth Protection Training
You'll need to get that from your ward clerk. No one here has access to that information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
EUili

Post by EUili »

please I need to do my training this week due to my assignment as an ordinance worker and a primary teacher..

Thank you

eLENI iLI
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

EUili wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 pm please I need to do my training this week due to my assignment as an ordinance worker and a primary teacher..
This is a user-to-user discussion forum. Nobody here can help you directly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

EUili wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 pm please I need to do my training this week due to my assignment as an ordinance worker and a primary teacher..
If you go to the church's main web page and do a search for "Youth Protection training", you should be able to find it.

Make sure you are logged in and perhaps take a screenshot when you get to the "You passed" page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Go to the Resources menu (grid of nine square dots icon) and click the All Resources button. Then either scroll down the list until you come to Protect Children and Youth or enter "protecting children and youth" in the text search box. Click the Protect Children and Youth link and then click the Click here for training link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”