California Government Certification Processing Time

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
swigginton

California Government Certification Processing Time

Post by swigginton »

We began the California background check process for our youth leaders a few weeks ago, but are not seeing it recorded in the membership information. I'm guessing there is a significant backlog at Church HQ. Any reports of how long it's taking to update the membership records?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: California Government Certification Processing Time

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you looking? I don't know how that system is supposed to work, but based on other systems, I wouldn't expect it to show in the membership records. Not even the church's "Protecting Children and Youth" training/test appears in membership records.

I would expect It would appear either in LCR or on it's own websites.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:09 pm Where are you looking?
There is a new tab added to the membership record in LCR, called "Certifications". As I understand, it's currently only available to leaders and clerks in California, since a new background check law took effect this year, There is also a new report, called, "Government Certifications" to view current certification status of members in each unit. The background checks are done in California, but results sent to HQ where someone reviews the report and adds the certification to the membership record. I'm betting they are swamped right now, since every member who works with youth more than 32 hours annually must go through a background check and fingerprinting. That's more than 300 members in our stake.
GFDuncan

Post by GFDuncan »

Per the information that we received the Church is supposed to receive the results of the background check within 48-72 hours after the member's Live Scan is submitted. After about two weeks I am not seeing any "Active" Certification status being shown in the new Government Certifications report. Yet Stake Clerk in another Stake told me that he saw results withing 24-48 hours? I am concerned that we are not seeing results (we just had an onsite Live Scan event with 85 members submitting their Live Scan data).
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

We are finally beginning to see some of the background check results coming in. Some have been over a month since fingerprinting, but are still not showing up. It's not clear what order they are using to process these .

Return to “Membership Help”