Possible to Make Stake Calendar Available to a Member from Another Stake?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
robobent

Possible to Make Stake Calendar Available to a Member from Another Stake?

Post by robobent »

Our stake is participating in a Church pilot program in which couple missionaries from other stakes are serving in our stake. The missionaries don't show up in our Tools app. This large group of missionaries schedules regular service projects, activities and other events for our stake, but they're not able to see our stake calendar. Is there any way to grant them access to the stake calendar? The missionaries' president has requested access so that they can avoid double-scheduling over our other events.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Possible to Make Stake Calendar Available to a Member from Another Stake?

Post by sbradshaw »

If there are only a few missionaries who do scheduling, you can add them as out-of-unit members, which will allow them to see the stake calendar and directory. If things haven't changed in the past few years, the easiest way to add an out-of-unit member at the stake level is to go to Callings by Organization, find an appropriate standard calling (maybe something under activities, service missionaries, or facilities), and type their membership record number in the auto-complete box where you would normally type a name.

As another route to look into, the stake calendar administrator manages the list of units that can schedule the buildings assigned to the stake. The system is flexible enough that, for example, wards from other stakes can be added to a building. I'm not sure if a mission can be added to a building, but if the missionaries are organized under a standard mission, it's worth checking with the stake calendar administrator (usually the stake clerk or executive secretary) to see if the mission shows up in the auto-complete list of units for the building.

Another option is calling a stake building scheduler and assigning them to work with the missionaries for scheduling their events.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:07 am As another route to look into, the stake calendar administrator manages the list of units that can schedule the buildings assigned to the stake. The system is flexible enough that, for example, wards from other stakes can be added to a building. I'm not sure if a mission can be added to a building, but if the missionaries are organized under a standard mission, it's worth checking with the stake calendar administrator (usually the stake clerk or executive secretary) to see if the mission shows up in the auto-complete list of units for the building.
It does not appear to support missions. Only wards/stakes/branches. Presumably it would support a mission if it's acting like a stake.

I'd ask them if the mission president can assign them to your stake so they'd have the same access as a missionary serving in the stake. That would be a cleaner solution as the stake would have to update the out of unit membership every time there's a change in missionaries.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:40 am I'd ask them if the mission president can assign them to your stake so they'd have the same access as a missionary serving in the stake. That would be a cleaner solution as the stake would have to update the out of unit membership every time there's a change in missionaries.
Are missionaries able to see the ward or stake calendars for the units they're assigned to? I didn't think that was the case (but it may have changed).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:58 pm Are missionaries able to see the ward or stake calendars for the units they're assigned to? I didn't think that was the case (but it may have changed).
I thought they could - assuming the mission assigned them correctly to the ward they're serving in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”