How to use the Study Set?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
paulod57

How to use the Study Set?

Post by paulod57 »

I would like to learn how to use the Gospel Library study set on both my iPhone and the church website, where can I find documentation?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: How to use the Study Set?

Post by sbradshaw »

Study sets are currently a website-only feature – they won't sync with the Gospel Library app (though I think there are plans to add them to the Gospel Library app in the future). Unfortunately, I don't think there's any documentation currently, either.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
paulod57

Post by paulod57 »

Can you tell me how to use them? Right now I am on the Default study set, is there a way to make a new one? How do I switch between two or more?
thebbers

Post by thebbers »

I'm also curious how to use the study sets. I can add a study set but I don't know what I can do with them or how to add content to a study set. What are they? How do they work?
destabrook

Post by destabrook »

I, too, have the same question. How do I add bookmarked articles, quotes, notes, etc. to the Study Set that I have named?
thebbers

Post by thebbers »

Okay, I think I figured out that a study set is the equivalent of having a new set of scriptures with no annotations. So, by switching to a new study set you get a fresh set of scriptures with no markings, notes, links, etc. Then when you want to go back to your old notes, you can switch to your default study set. You can use this for in depth topic study throughout the scriptures, or for working on a single lesson. Is there an article explaining this information? Because it wasn't quite intuitive to use but I think I figured it out.
alicejensen

Post by alicejensen »

I, too, am trying to figure out how to implement Study Set for use in my religion class. I saw somewhere it said to use it for like teaching a lesson, or for a class, like Im doing. So I pulled up an article or conference talk from the Gospel Library, hovered over the icon that has a pencil over 3 pages-like, then it says Study Set. When I click on that, I have the menu to add a study set, so I did. I started creating new notes and they went into that study set. Great!

However, when I was finished, I don't know where to pull up everything solely from that study set. This is where I am and I found this site to find out.

When I go to Library>Notes, ALL my notes are listed, and they simply show which study set they are from when I click on any. I guess I want to know more of how to use it; otherwise, I can just create a new notebook and put all those notes there. There has to be some really cool way to use study sets better than just notebooks or they wouldn't have put that as an option. Hmmm.
paulod57

Post by paulod57 »

Alice,

Thanks for posting the steps to create a new Study Set!

The difference I see between using Notebooks and a Study Set is that with Notebooks all of your markings etc remain, and with a new Study Set you start with a fresh set of scriptures with no markings, links etc.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It looks like a help document about study sets was recently put online:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tools/help/understanding-study-sets?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
alicejensen

Post by alicejensen »

Samuel: Thanks for the link, this has helped clarify a lot of things for me.

I have experimented and been able to switch study sets and see the difference in that my notes/highlights in the content area are there in one study set and the same notes are gone in another and can switch back and forth like that. And while it is ok that all the Notebooks are still grouped together - not matter what study set you are in, I am still trying to figure a way to group them by study set. Wouldn't it be nice to have a study set for 2022 Come Follow Me, with Notebooks for Young Women, Sunday School, Personal Study, Group Study, etc, just for that study set show up? I suppose if you name those Notebooks right, you could have those you want just for 2022 Come Follow Me grouped together in your Notebooks list. I don't have anything specific in mind but I'm just thinking while I type. :)

Thanks again!

Return to “Gospel Library”