Wrong Name

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ElectronS

Wrong Name

Post by ElectronS »

My account displays my brother's name instead of my own. I have tried editing the display name on Account Settings, but it does not do anything and the name does not change back to my own after I have saved it. Any advice?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wrong Name

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like you've added your brother's MRN to your account.

One option is to give this account to your brother and create a new account with the right MRN for yourself. Otherwise, you'll have to ask the clerk for the phone number to support and call them up to have them fix it. No one else but support can do it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

If you have the wrong mrn on the account and can sign in to it, I believe you can change the mrn.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:53 am If you have the wrong mrn on the account and can sign in to it, I believe you can change the mrn.
I don't see any option for doing that. I do see a "delete account" Button. However, I have doubts you could delete the account and immediately create a new one of the same name. It would also delete anything you might have wanted saved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:57 am
jonesrk wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:53 am If you have the wrong mrn on the account and can sign in to it, I believe you can change the mrn.
I don't see any option for doing that. I do see a "delete account" Button. However, I have doubts you could delete the account and immediately create a new one of the same name. It would also delete anything you might have wanted saved.
You are correct. It looks like they've changed things (it's been a while since I've been to that page).
busterbrown

Post by busterbrown »

How Do I change the listing for first name. You have my first name and middle name listed for my first name.

How Can I Change It?

Bill
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

busterbrown wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:59 pm How Do I change the listing for first name. You have my first name and middle name listed for my first name.

How Can I Change It?
I'm not sure where you're looking. You could try changing it on your account by going to "Account Settings" from the main page.

Otherwise, you'll need to talk to your ward clerk.

Return to “Church Account”