Multiple meetings in the same space

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Multiple meetings in the same space

Post by russellhltn »

Some wards have more second hour classes than they have classrooms. They end up having to hold multiple classes in the cultural hall. Not a combined class - multiple classes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:45 pm Some wards have more second hour classes than they have classrooms. They end up having to hold multiple classes in the cultural hall. Not a combined class - multiple classes.
Or they have the problem we have - plenty of classrooms for class sizes of about 5 youth, but not enough for class sizes greater than 10 so many of the classrooms are unusable. We have an old "racetrack" style building and it would be helpful if the FM group would knock-out some walls to double the size of some of the classrooms... Couple that with the fact that we have 3 overlapping wards in our building which takes some of the larger spaces out of play for the first 2 time slots because another ward is holding Sacrament meeting during 2nd hour.
mevans

Post by mevans »

davesudweeks wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:05 pm Or they have the problem we have - plenty of classrooms for class sizes of about 5 youth, but not enough for class sizes greater than 10 so many of the classrooms are unusable. We have an old "racetrack" style building and it would be helpful if the FM group would knock-out some walls to double the size of some of the classrooms... Couple that with the fact that we have 3 overlapping wards in our building which takes some of the larger spaces out of play for the first 2 time slots because another ward is holding Sacrament meeting during 2nd hour.
Have your stake president work with the FM group to make it happen. It will take some planning, but we've had some changes done to our buildings over the years. At this point, I think many of the Won-Door partitions to make smaller classrooms have been removed from our buildings. Knocking out a wall between classrooms probably isn't too much of a big deal, although you might have to relocate some electrical. I imagine if it was scheduled properly, the whole thing could be done during one week, so it might only impact weeknight meetings for a week, but you'd have the rooms on Sundays for classes.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mevans wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:44 am Have your stake president work with the FM group to make it happen. It will take some planning, but we've had some changes done to our buildings over the years. At this point, I think many of the Won-Door partitions to make smaller classrooms have been removed from our buildings. Knocking out a wall between classrooms probably isn't too much of a big deal, although you might have to relocate some electrical. I imagine if it was scheduled properly, the whole thing could be done during one week, so it might only impact weeknight meetings for a week, but you'd have the rooms on Sundays for classes.
True enough, but I am no longer in a calling that needs to worry about that. As a former business manager used to say, "I care, but I don't have a horse in that race..." I'll leave it to the 3 Bishoprics to work on it with the Primary, YM, and YW Organizations.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”