Hotmail addresses not emailed using “Send a Message”

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
apolloag

Hotmail addresses not emailed using “Send a Message”

Post by apolloag »

Recently someone in our ward sent out an email to all members of the ward. Myself and two others, who all have hotmail.com email addresses did not receive the message. We could not find it in our spam folders either.

Is this a known issue?

Thank you,

Adrian
caillines

Re: Hotmail addresses not emailed using “Send a Message”

Post by caillines »

There's an ongoing issue with yahoo addresses (see various other threads in this forum). I haven't seen anything specific with hotmail addresses, but that doesn't mean it's not an issue.
dellijo

Post by dellijo »

I have had the same issue, with both the ongoing yahoo issue and now the hotmail.
I have been collecting names and forwarding messages from my personal acct.
This is an inconsistent problem. Some people are not getting ward level message, while still receiving Stake, some are vice versa, and some are receiving none at all.
mikeschern

Post by mikeschern »

This still is a problem with hotmail.com addresses.....members get emails for a while, then they don't. Is something being done to fix this?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

mikeschern wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:11 pm This still is a problem with hotmail.com addresses.....members get emails for a while, then they don't. Is something being done to fix this?
There is a new feature in Church Account settings or in the ward map/directory. By default, new and many other members are opted out of receiving email from 'Send a Message'. It's just a personal guess on my part, but I would think that's part of a solution to this problem.

Meanwhile, it _MIGHT_ help for a member who wishes to receive messages to put the sender email address(es) in their contacts list. However, that may not be very helpful if the member has already stopped receiving the messages.
newtonjoyce

Post by newtonjoyce »

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having this experience. Actually, I am sad that there are those of us who are.
In this day and age, you wouldn't think this would be happening...I least I wouldn't. I checked the settings on my account and all seems just fine.

It feels like I'm back using 'dial up' all over again in trying to get the kinks smoothed out.
Thanks for all of the input.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”