Page name?

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
wrigjef

Page name?

Post by wrigjef »

I’m on a stake communications council and we need to set up an outward facing Facebook page. Guidelines state “The online resource should have a purpose and goal and be named accordingly. The name may include a ward or stake name. However, it may not include the official name of the Church.”

Before I submit some suggestions to the Stake President for approval, I’d be interested to find out what other appropriate names have been used. This page would be used by the communications committee to announce news and events to members as well as the public, hopefully reporters and other influencers will check the page (at least they will be encouraged to).

What do you all name your page?
davesudweeks

Re: Page name?

Post by davesudweeks »

While not specifically targeted to your same purpose, our ward FB page is named "Elm Creek Ward Family"
We have a stake FB page is named "Bartlesville Oklahoma Stake News" that probably has the same purpose as yours (announcing news and events to everyone within the stake boundary)
caillines

Post by caillines »

Ours is X Stake News
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Thank you. It was tough but I finally got it through to our social media person that there is a difference between a group and a page. Word from our area communications group is that wards have groups and stakes have pages.

Ward group names are usually “friends of” or “ward family”. Ward groups are private and an admin usually limits group membership to just ward members. While a group name can be searchable and visible by the public, non-members shouldn’t be able to see posts or comment.

Stake pages are completely searchable and visible, anyone can “ like” or “follow”. Posts are made or approved by an admin. The default is to allow followers (members and public) to comment, but usually the admin turns that function off so comments have to be approved.

I’m just trying to figure out what our stake page should be named. Right now I’m leaning toward
“Chesapeake Stake Public Outreach”
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wrigjef wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:04 pm “Chesapeake Stake Public Outreach”
"Public Outreach" sounds formal and not very inviting. How about something like "Chesapeake Stake News and Events"?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

That was one of my suggestions submitted to the stake.

Return to “General Media Discussions”