Calendar Updates

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
lajackson
Community Moderators

Calendar Updates

Post by lajackson »

I continue to struggle with incorrect Calendar information in Member Tools because recent changes have been made to the online stake Calendar and those changes have not updated to Tools, even after many days.

When does Tools sync the Calendar? Do I have to pull down the Tools Calendar to trigger the spinning circle and hope the Calendar server is not too busy on a Sunday morning (it usually is) to update my phone? This lack of sync has caused a series of emails to the poor stake executive secretary from me that he usually answers by assuring me he has updated the online Calendar which, when I get home from church later in the afternoon, turns out to be true.

But most of the time, he has updated the Calendar many days earlier in the week, and my Tools app has not picked up on the update when I used it on Friday or Saturday, even though Tools purports to sync every time I access it.

Other than hoping my stake does a better or earlier job of updating the online Calendar, is there another way to make sure I see correct Calendar data in Tools?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar Updates

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:36 pm But most of the time, he has updated the Calendar many days earlier in the week, and my Tools app has not picked up on the update when I used it on Friday or Saturday, even though Tools purports to sync every time I access it.

Other than hoping my stake does a better or earlier job of updating the online Calendar, is there another way to make sure I see correct Calendar data in Tools?
I have been noticing the absence of updates as you note. The way I rectify the update/sync is to sign out of the app and sign back in - a bit of bother when Automatic Update has been enabled.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Updates

Post by russellhltn »

While not the preferred way to do things, you can go to the online calendar on your phone. It's not as nice as the desktop, but it does adapt to the smaller screen.

Another option, if this is something you need to go to, is to set up a sync profile for the calendars you need to track and sync them to your phone. For an Android phone going though the Google account, it updates about every 24 hours. (There's two syncs, when the Google Account syncs to the church calendar, and when the phone syncs to the Google account.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”