2-step verification

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: 2-step verification

Post by sbradshaw »

randyceniza wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:40 am Hello everyone,

Just this week I formatted my phone, and so I need to re-install Okta Verification again on my phone. The problem is, I can't set it up or I can't get within the setup. Any advice? Another problem is, ,once the 30 days is over, I think I can no longer log in to my lds account.

Thank you!
Your ward clerk can provide the phone number for the Global Services Department, who can help reset the authentication on your account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RonaldKayHansen

Post by RonaldKayHansen »

I have a similar problem. I just upgraded my iPhone and need to set up the church account on it but to get to the new QR code I need a code from the Okta app. This is the only option for 2-factor authentication. They should require 2 forms to be setup before enabling on any account.
flashfletch

Post by flashfletch »

I am a Ward Clerk in Australia. I am trying to help several Ward members who are having similar problems.

One has had their email provider close down and has had to change their email address. They are also having problems with phone verification/authentication and verification emails/SMS codes do not seem to arrive even though their new address is in their record. I pointed them to the Global Service Centre and they appeared to solve the problem for a while but it has come back again.

Another is unable to pay donations either by phone or desktop. They have two-step verification enabled and are not receiving the code even though their phone number is correct in their record.

And another (me) cannot verify their phone number as the SMS never arrives. I have tried my number with and without the leading '0'.

Is there ANYTHING else I can suggest? Or do I simply refer everyone who has a problem to the GSC?
caillines

Post by caillines »

If they are having ongoing issues with SMS based authentication, and need/want to use 2FA, you get them set up with the app based authentication (for example google authenticator) as an alternative.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”