Change Meeting Times in LCR?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zogite

Change Meeting Times in LCR?

Post by zogite »

Hello all,

I have a question about whether or not it's possible to add an additional meeting time in LCR, or if there is a higher up that needs to approve this. Years ago, my ward (Buena Vista YSA in Orlando, Florida) received permission from the First Presidency to add a second, evening sacrament meeting to accommodate members who were working at Disney World during the day on Sunday.

So, currently, we have sacrament meeting at 9 AM and another at 8PM. Only the 9 AM block includes Sunday School. We meet at the same location for both meetings. I see in LCR that there's only one option. Is it possible to add a second, or what would be a good workaround for this so that incoming members can know we have two meetings when they search for our ward online?

I appreciate the help!
eblood66

Re: Change Meeting Times in LCR?

Post by eblood66 »

As that is a very unusual situation, I very much doubt that the system has been programmed to handle it. Certainly there is no way to do it in the LCR interface. You can contact the Global Service Department to see if they can do anything.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A more common scenario where this would be useful is when a ward or branch has an associated group that meets separately for sacrament meeting because of distance, etc. They may meet at the same time or different times. However, I don't think Leader and Clerk Resources supports entering in multiple sacrament meeting times.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It's great that your local leaders were able to understand unique local needs and get approval from the First Presidency to implement them.

If you go many years into the past, the old system had unit web pages where the home page was public and could contain a short message. You hack to click on "View Website" on the meetinghouse locator map to get to this, but it was a great way to communicate information like this.

Very few units used this as effectively as they could have, and probably even fewer realized that the home page was public. If I was going to be away from home on a Sunday, I would check out the information on the unit's public home page in advance. If something like this was brought back (and units understood how to use it), it would be a way to improve communication about situations like this.

sbradshaw commented on Groups. The church systems don't currently support Group meeting times. There have been a couple of discussions about this (here's a link to one of them that has comments from church employees: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=35120). As was discussed in that thread, to get any change (which can take a long time), your current stake president is going to have to be a voice for this need to the Area Presidency / First Presidency. Your need is a little different than the Group meeting time needs, and when solving problems in computer systems, it's good for the decision makers to be aware of different kinds of needs faced by units throughout the world.

Meanwhile, your ward might also consider other types of discoverability, including social media, its own website, etc. A website with a couple of static web pages with basic information about your ward can be fairly inexpensive to set up and maintain (be sure to follow Church Handbook guidelines).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”