Inviting YSA & SA "Leaders" to Stake Council

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Brian.Benson

Inviting YSA & SA "Leaders" to Stake Council

Post by Brian.Benson »

In the Handbook (29.3.8), where it lists the participants that are invited to Stake Council Meeting, it includes, "Stake young single adult leaders and single adult leaders (if called)." In LCR, where the actual callings are listed, It lists Stake Young Single Adult "Adviser" and Stake Young Single Adult "Representative" (same for SA). Who are the "leaders" that are invited to Stake Council? Is it the "advisers" or the "representatives"? Thanks.
jonesturtle

Re: Inviting YSA & SA "Leaders" to Stake Council

Post by jonesturtle »

I'd like to add to your question since I was looking into something similar tonight. Is the YSA Adult Advisor (or YSA Support Couple as referenced in "Establishing a YSA Gathering Place") still a calling? I see no mention of it or anything like it in Chapter 14. I believe Chapter 14 answers the question about leaders and it is referring to the Young Single Adults serving in the calling which were called representatives before the changes to the Handbook.
caillines

Post by caillines »

jonesturtle wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:01 pm I'd like to add to your question since I was looking into something similar tonight. Is the YSA Adult Advisor (or YSA Support Couple as referenced in "Establishing a YSA Gathering Place") still a calling? I see no mention of it or anything like it in Chapter 14. I believe Chapter 14 answers the question about leaders and it is referring to the Young Single Adults serving in the calling which were called representatives before the changes to the Handbook.
Yes. YSA Advisor is still a standard calling in LCR even if it's not mentioned in the handbook.
In LCR it's: All Organizations -> Other Callings -> Young Single Adult -> Young Single Adult Adviser
andrewwheat

Post by andrewwheat »

I would like to know we know the handbook has been updated since last year 2022, when will LCR be update to show single adult leaders and have access to LCR like other stake leaders?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andrewwheat wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:21 pm I would like to know we know the handbook has been updated since last year 2022, when will LCR be update to show single adult leaders and have access to LCR like other stake leaders?
What update are you referring to? At the stake level, there's a committee. At the ward level, they may be invited to Ward Council, but are not listed in the core participants.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”