Beware custom DNS servers when connecting to Liahona

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
placey

Beware custom DNS servers when connecting to Liahona

Post by placey »

Just wanted to share a tip here of something I figured out when having challenged connecting to Liahona from my MacBook today. I connected to Liahona but would not get the splash prompt to Accept and continue. I even tried accessing http://captive.apple.com as well as just hitting the router IP, which have typically resulted in thee splash screen to display. However, today, nothing would work. I tried multiple times to remove Liahona, but without luck. As I was checking my network settings I saw that I had added 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS) as my DNS server a few weeks ago. I removed that, removed and re-added Liahona, and it then displayed and let me continue. Hopefully this helps someone else (and perhaps me in the future when I forget all about this!).
jeremykidd

Re: Beware custom DNS servers when connecting to Liahona

Post by jeremykidd »

I have been having the same problem with my iPad Pro. Unfortunately, I don't immediately recognize the steps you are suggesting I take to resolve it. Is there any chance you could do a more detailed explanation of what you did? I'll try figuring it out on my own, but I might not be successful without more help.
davesudweeks

Re: Beware custom DNS servers when connecting to Liahona

Post by davesudweeks »

jeremykidd wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:00 pm I have been having the same problem with my iPad Pro. Unfortunately, I don't immediately recognize the steps you are suggesting I take to resolve it. Is there any chance you could do a more detailed explanation of what you did? I'll try figuring it out on my own, but I might not be successful without more help.
I don't have any iOS devices, but you might try this google search for ways to reset your iPad Pro DNS settings: https://www.google.com/search?q=ipad+pr ... s-wiz-serp

I also suggest you seek assistance from someone in your ward/branch who is experienced with the technical aspects of iOS on what to do.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”