Collecting Anonymous Questions For Visiting Authority

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
gardnergee

Collecting Anonymous Questions For Visiting Authority

Post by gardnergee »

In my new calling I've been asked to create an anonymous online survey for the youth in our stake to submit questions to a visiting general authority. I would like to have the option to do this through the Church website so that it will be limited to church members and not accidentally get sent to people outside of our stake or those not involved in the upcoming meeting that might try to submit antagonistic or inappropriate questions. Is there any option through the Church website that would enable such a survey to be sent or recommended websites for collecting such questions?
garystroble

Re: Collecting Anonymous Questions For Visiting Authority

Post by garystroble »

gardnergee wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:59 pm In my new calling I've been asked to create an anonymous online survey for the youth in our stake to submit questions to a visiting general authority. I would like to have the option to do this through the Church website so that it will be limited to church members and not accidentally get sent to people outside of our stake or those not involved in the upcoming meeting that might try to submit antagonistic or inappropriate questions. Is there any option through the Church website that would enable such a survey to be sent or recommended websites for collecting such questions?
No, unless you mean via the church send a message system, but many youth do not have their email addresses listed, Yahoo, Aol and some other ISP's are currently blocking church emails, and even with email I don't see how you can control who gets a hold of the original email and may reply, member or not, if the youth forward it to their friends.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gardnergee wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:59 pm Is there any option through the Church website that would enable such a survey to be sent or recommended websites for collecting such questions?
Nothing within the power of local leaders. The GA might have something.

Of course, if they're logging in, it's no longer really anonymous.

What I have seen done is announce a number at the start of the meeting they can text their questions to. That limits the opportunity for troublemaking.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could have a member of the stake council review the questions as they come in, and copy all of the ones that are relevant to a separate document that's shared with the visiting general authority.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gardnergee

Post by gardnergee »

sbradshaw wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:42 pm You could have a member of the stake council review the questions as they come in, and copy all of the ones that are relevant to a separate document that's shared with the visiting general authority.
I guess I'm wondering what platform to use though. I would prefer to use something through the Church website but don't think there's an option. If there isn't an option through the Church website but there's a preferred website the church recommends (many websites offer anonymous online surveys) I'd like to use that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The times I've seen it done, I think it was just a text to an assistant's cell phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I've seen cases where questions were written on 3x5 cards and collected at the ward level, then routed through the bishops to the stake presidency. Youth Leaders could have a box for individuals to drop them in so no one will know who submitted which question. I know no one wants to do the "archaic paper thing" these days, but it can work pretty well...

Return to “Other Member Technologies”