Combined Wards/ Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
IvP4

Combined Wards/ Records

Post by IvP4 »

So I am a ward clerk for a Spanish ward and we combine our youth classes and activities with an English ward in the same building. We recently gave one of the members a calling in the Bishopric so I had to move his records into our ward. His family still would like to attend the English ward and help out our ward (she attends both). I recall someone from the Stake presidency saying something about in the manual it says in this type of situation there is a way in which both wards can view the records of the family but I have no clue as to how to do this, anyone know?

All I did was simply, just move in the records of the person who received the calling over to our ward and left his family's records in the English ward; Although I cannot view the spouse's records, this seems to work for our situation so far. Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Combined Wards/ Records

Post by russellhltn »

IvP4 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:04 am We recently gave one of the members a calling in the Bishopric so I had to move his records into our ward.
It would have been preferable to leave the record in his home ward and add an out-of-unit record in yours. That gives him a "foot in both" wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

IvP4 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:04 am Although I cannot view the spouse's records, this seems to work for our situation so far.
And his home ward can no longer see his information. As russellhltn suggested, it would be best to keep the actual membership records in the home ward and create an out-of-unit record for him in the Spanish-speaking ward. You should also be able to add his wife as an out-of-unit member if you wish to see her, as well.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The other issue with moving his records is that it would release him from any callings he had in the other ward (if he was supposed to have callings in both wards to be able to see records in both)
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

And affect his ministering assignments

Return to “Membership Help”