Member can't get account reset to work properly

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
TKhanson

Member can't get account reset to work properly

Post by TKhanson »

Folks:

A 22-year-old sister in my ward needs help resetting an account. I'm very familiar with the account reset process, meaning how to reset a password for a user, etc. The issue is this sister says she has not been able to access her account for years--yet I really need her to view and complete the "Protecting Children and Youth training". For the past year she has used her husbands phone because she just gave up trying to reset her account. I told her we really need to get this resolve so she can not only sign off on the training but use the tools as intended.

Anyway, I asked her to reset her password via the member number option. i have her member number to her to try this option. It sent the reset link to her email, which she got. So far so good.....She said she did the reset and used that new password and still got "Invalid Password". I told her to use a different computer or mobile device to login, just in case somethign was happening with some auto load field from her person computer. She said she did and got the same error.

My hope is somehow support could reset her password with a password THEY give her. She could try that password to see if there is something wrong with her account. I've seen odd things happen before where folks just are not using the right password but I'll give the benifit of the doubt here to her that she is using the same reset password.

Is there a process that the church has a one-time use password they can give her for her to try?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member can't get account reset to work properly

Post by russellhltn »

The clerk can pass along the phone number of the Global Services Department. They will only work with the member.

Something I've seen in the past when changing passwords is it takes time for the new password to be recognized across all the sites. I'd wait up to half an hour before calling it a failure. Even then, I'd start with the Church main page, rather than Member Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TKhanson

Re: Member can't get account reset to work properly

Post by TKhanson »

I suggested they call the help desk.

They did and said it took several IT folks to work it out and apparently something was corrupted with the zcash related to her login. So it is now fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Church Account”