How can I verify the computer was provisioned properly?

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
dfletch82

How can I verify the computer was provisioned properly?

Post by dfletch82 »

Our stake just received a new computer, an M70q.

I turned it on created a local computer account and downloaded the provision tool. I ran the tool and inserted our Unit number. I did not see extra software elections such as Adobe products, Open Office, etc. The provision tool did create a unit user profile and church support profile, changed the computer background, installed MLS and presumably finished. What I am not seeing is programs I am reading so much about on the forums: Big Fix, Sophos, etc. The windows security center warns there is no virus scan software. I have left the machine on for several days expecting/hoping for more provisioning. I have not seen any material to determine any additional steps I need to take.

Please help.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: How can I verify the computer was provisioned properly?

Post by Mikerowaved »

We've been hoping they would nix Sophos from the clerk computer install. It's possible they did. You'll need to manually install things like Adobe Reader, LibreOffice, and I usually install both Firefox and Chrome so they have 3 to choose from.

As far as antivirus software, clerk computers are supposed to run the default Microsoft Defender. If the provisioning tool somehow disabled it, you'll need to re-enable it again.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cammattscott

Post by cammattscott »

I was in the same boat. I was given the attached instructions, which are updated from those found on the church website. Hopefully, the church updates the instructions soon.
MeetingHouse Quick Start Windows.pdf
(292.37 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
batorgilba

Post by batorgilba »

In the file, the download link for ChurchSupportSelfProvision.exe is broken, no longer work. I wonder where i can find the working link.

Return to “Clerk Computers”