Be able to indent with Notes on the Desktop

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
A.Savage

Be able to indent with Notes on the Desktop

Post by A.Savage »

Hi!

I love making bulleted lists with the Notes feature of Gospel Library. The Android app supports indenting using the indent icons. However, when using Notes on the desktop platform through a browser (where I can type faster), I am unable to indent bullet points to make sub-points (even using the tab key won't do anything besides shift the focus to the next focus-able DOM element). In the past, I've saved the note on the browser and then opened it on my phone to add indentations, but this is cumbersome. I also have run into issues where they are out of synch and I've lost work (there are other unrelated issues where the browser version simply won't save anything, but I guess that's for a separate thread).

If we could get support for being able to indent bulleted lists in the browser version of notes, that would be wonderful! Thanks for all your hard work :)

Anson
mevans

Re: Be able to indent with Notes on the Desktop

Post by mevans »

The browser version does support bulleted and numbered lists. It's in the toolbar at the top of the editor:
Editing Tools.png
Do you see the above interface when editing in a web browser?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Be able to indent with Notes on the Desktop

Post by sbradshaw »

To clarify, it sounds like the original poster may be talking about these "increase indent" and "decrease indent" buttons, which allow you to create multi-level lists. The mobile app has a few additional buttons that aren't available in the web study tools, unfortunately.

Your best bet may be to request the feature by sending feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of the Church website.
Attachments
IMG_0B510F7A851E-1.jpeg
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”