Post-install wizard problem

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
glanderson

Post-install wizard problem

Post by glanderson »

I have a new computer for a ward in my stake. It did not come correctly imaged, so I had to download the post-install tool to properly set the device up. I ran the tool and it hung on the second install command for MLS. Called Tech Support and they had me cancel the wizard, reboot the machine and run a new copy of the post-install. This one completed properly. However, when I reboot the machine now I still get the initial post-install screen. If I try to run it, it stops after the Command 1 line on MLS install.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the process that starts the post-install wizard on bootup?

Thanks
Gary Anderson
Orem Utah Geneva Heights Stake
garystroble

Re: Post-install wizard problem

Post by garystroble »

glanderson wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:18 pm I have a new computer for a ward in my stake. It did not come correctly imaged, so I had to download the post-install tool to properly set the device up. I ran the tool and it hung on the second install command for MLS. Called Tech Support and they had me cancel the wizard, reboot the machine and run a new copy of the post-install. This one completed properly. However, when I reboot the machine now I still get the initial post-install screen. If I try to run it, it stops after the Command 1 line on MLS install.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the process that starts the post-install wizard on bootup?

Thanks
Gary Anderson
Orem Utah Geneva Heights Stake
Since MLS is no longer used in the United States, that could well be the problem.

Return to “Clerk Computers”