no MP3/audio only downloads for Oct 2022 Gen Conf?

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
ldw0217

no MP3/audio only downloads for Oct 2022 Gen Conf?

Post by ldw0217 »

Realizing this ages me, but I like to download audio files from each individual GC talk and make a playlist for a jump drive in my car. I realize that all of this is available on the Gospel Library app in my phone, but it's honestly simpler to use preloaded on a jump drive where the menu appears on my car screen than having to pull up menus on my ph while I'm driving. The download option for October 2022's talks seem to only have the video options, no MP3/audio [at least where it used to be]. Am I looking in the wrong spot or has this option been deleted? If so, could it be restored?

I don't know if it's available by session, but I definitely prefer it by individual speaker so I can easily navigate from talk to talk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: no MP3/audio only downloads for Oct 2022 Gen Conf?

Post by jdlessley »

The session and/or individual talks audio can be downloaded using a browser from the October 2022 General Conference Gospel Library. The session audio can be downloaded by clicking the session or the individual talks can be downloaded by clicking the individual talks. Click the audio icon, blue circle with headphones, on the lower right side of the screen. Then click the download icon, three elipses.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rjtolman

Post by rjtolman »

The audio downloads are available; but somewhat hidden. I am using Safari and this is how you get them. On the upper right side of the window is an icon that looks like a setting icon. You click on the icon and you get a menu item that says download. Click on that item and you get the option to download the audio of that individual talk.
gbreit

Post by gbreit »

Although I can download the MP3 file so that I too can listen in the car, the bit rate is so low (33Kbps) that the quality is painful to listen to. I have resorted to downloading the HD video from YouTube and then extracting a a higher quality (129Kbps) MP3 file from there. Any chance we could get back the higher quality bitrate file we once had from the church site?

Thank You!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I downloaded the conference talk audio through Gospel Library to my android phone to listen to in the car via bluetooth today while traveling to a grandson's Primary program. The bitrate was just fine. The main button downloaded everything (each session as a whole which included music and prayers, plus each individual speaker by themselves). I just deleted what I didn't need.
You can also download each talk or session by itself.
gbreit

Post by gbreit »

Yes the audio and video are great in the app. But I was trying to just get an MP3 from the church website that I could put on a thumb drive to listen in the car without using my phone. That way I could have years worth of conference sessions that I could shuffle play. In the past I was able to do that. I don't want the video portion, just a high quality MP3. I have a work around, just wanted to put in my vote to add a higher quality MP3 file on the site for those that want to download them.

Thanks!
falconsbride

Post by falconsbride »

This is also what I want. I listen while I swim in the mornings. Only mp3. It used to be available within a week after conference. I'm still trying to find a way to download it. I'd like to have the whole session, music and all.
Not just the talks.

:(
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

falconsbride wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:51 am This is also what I want. I listen while I swim in the mornings. Only mp3. It used to be available within a week after conference. I'm still trying to find a way to download it. I'd like to have the whole session, music and all.
Not just the talks.

:(
Here are the URLs for full session audio, October 2022:
https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/general-conference/october-2022-general-conference/2022-10-1000-saturday-morning-session-32k-eng.mp3
https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/general-conference/october-2022-general-conference/2022-10-2000-saturday-afternoon-session-32k-eng.mp3
https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/general-conference/october-2022-general-conference/2022-10-3000-saturday-evening-session-32k-eng.mp3
https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/general-conference/october-2022-general-conference/2022-10-4000-sunday-morning-session-32k-eng.mp3
https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/general-conference/october-2022-general-conference/2022-10-5000-sunday-afternoon-session-32k-eng.mp3

I got them by going to the session page in my web browser (for example, Saturday Morning Session), then clicking the gear in the top right, then clicking Downloads.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
niki_t_s

Post by niki_t_s »

Thank you *soooo* much! Finally I can download the audio, I've have been missing the MP3 files. Planning to pick out my favourite bits from each apostle's talk and listen during the next 6 months.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

niki_t_s wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:47 am Thank you *soooo* much! Finally I can download the audio, I've have been missing the MP3 files. Planning to pick out my favourite bits from each apostle's talk and listen during the next 6 months.
Just in time for the April, 2023 conference.

Return to “Digital Media”