Transfer Missionary Balance to New Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bjelmer

Transfer Missionary Balance to New Ward

Post by bjelmer »

We have a family that moved that has a missionary out. The new ward has accepted financial responsibility and that transfer has taken place. The missionary's account has a balance of $570. When I try and transfer to the new ward, I'm getting an error because the category drop down is blank. Any ideas on how to fix?
missionary balance transfer error.PNG
bjelmer

Re: Transfer Missionary Balance to New Ward

Post by bjelmer »

So I just figured out that if I fill in the To field first, then it will populate with the categories. Now I am getting this error that transfer didn't pass validation.
missionary balance transfer error 2.PNG
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

bjelmer wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:05 pm So I just figured out that if I fill in the To field first, then it will populate with the categories. Now I am getting this error that transfer didn't pass validation.

missionary balance transfer error 2.PNG
At this point I would say you need to just start over.
bjelmer

Post by bjelmer »

I found an answer for this. Wards cannot transfer to other wards outside of their stake which is why I was getting the error. If a ward wants to transfer funds to a ward outside of their stake, the transfer must go through the stake.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”