Change Default Directory?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
kelosh

Change Default Directory?

Post by kelosh »

I’m a new stake president and I’m quickly realizing what a pain it is to have Tools always default to my own ward directory. Most of the time now I need to be looking at the stake directory. If I’m gonna have to switch to the stake directory from my ward directory EVERY time I move away from the window it’s gonna be a major irritant for the next 9-10 years. Is there any way to change your default directory? Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Change Default Directory?

Post by lajackson »

kelosh wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:24 pm Is there any way to change your default directory?
Once I select another unit from the drop-sown menu, including the stake, Member Tools opens in that directory each time until I select another unit. I am using Android. I would expect the iOS version to work the same way. I am not sure exactly what you are seeing.
kelosh

Post by kelosh »

Interesting. It does not do that in iOS. I could be looking at the stake directory, switch to another window to do something, and when I go back to Tools it’s going to bring me back to my default ward directory. This is a bit of a hassle when most of my work now is going to be done in the stake directory,
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Just another data point: I also have Android, and likewise see the default directory saved to my last selection whenever I re-open Tools. If there's an iOS user who can confirm the different behavior, then it's probably something that was missed or isn't possible on iOS.

Of course when things are "working", I've learned to not assume it's intentional (aka, a 'feature' might actually be a 'bug'!). It's quite possible that the Church developers intend the iOS behavior, but something on Android limits their ability to make it work that way. Without knowledge, we're always just left to wonder... ;)
caillines

Post by caillines »

iOS Tools (in version 4.6.1 7718) doesn't retain the last viewed unit between sessions. Essentially anything that causes the app to be reloaded (whether opened from scratch or resuming from being in an "inactive" state, defaults back to your home ward.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It sounds as if a note to the developers through the iOS app feedback would be in order.
kelosh

Post by kelosh »

Somebody fixed this in the iOS version of Tools a couple of months ago. Bless whoever did that!

Return to “Member Tools”