Building Events not showing up on phone

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
ckellsworth

Building Events not showing up on phone

Post by ckellsworth »

So when I look on my phone i do not see events that have been scheduled in my building that other ward do.

*Yes I have the building Checked

*Yes i can see this on the web.
Attachments
showing events on web
showing events on web
showing they not there on phone
showing they not there on phone
showing what calendars are set to display
showing what calendars are set to display
garystroble

Re: Building Events not showing up on phone

Post by garystroble »

ckellsworth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:04 pm So when I look on my phone i do not see events that have been scheduled in my building that other ward do.

*Yes I have the building Checked

*Yes i can see this on the web.
The member app will only show your ward's events and stake events. There is currently no way to configure the calendar on the member app to show events in other wards, even if they are in your building. For that, you must look at the calendar on the church web page.

There is also typically a lag of several days for events put on the calendar on the web page to show on the app.
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

well thats lame! makes it hard to plan events when you cannot tell if a building is in use or not :(. is there a plan to actually fix this?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

ckellsworth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:16 pm well thats lame! makes it hard to plan events when you cannot tell if a building is in use or not :(. is there a plan to actually fix this?
Unknown. Suggest you enter feedback on the member app but that is not a guarantee it will happen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:09 pm There is currently no way to configure the calendar on the member app to show events in other wards, even if they are in your building.
That used to be the case, but that changed some time ago. The calendars do appear and you can select them, but I'm finding it doesn't display. Not sure if that's intended or not. I do know the product manager at the time was rather surprised to see the change. I see no way to sync a building calendar, so I'm not sure if the back end was ever updated to handle it.

The problem with making the building calendar too assessable is you end up with members who cop an attitude of "If it's not in use, then I can use it" instead of scheduling their activities. That doesn't end well.

I'm not seeing any way to add events from Member Tools, so the argument for needing to see the calendar to schedule is a bit weak. The online calendar does adapt to the small screen, so the calendar can be checked and scheduled from there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

Thanks for the detailed reply. Removing functionality because some people are self centered, really hurts the rest of us. Anyway looking forward to seeing the ability to see all events happening in a building return to the mobile app.

I will pass the message to our leadership that the tools app cannot be trusted to see whats actually happening in a building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ckellsworth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:45 pm Thanks for the detailed reply. Removing functionality because some people are self centered, really hurts the rest of us. Anyway looking forward to seeing the ability to see all events happening in a building return to the mobile app.
While the calendar can be selected, I'm not sure as it ever worked.

ckellsworth wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:45 pmI will pass the message to our leadership that the tools app cannot be trusted to see whats actually happening in a building.
This is wise. Even if it could work, a simple misconfiguration on the user's end could result in the appearance that the building was available when it wasn't. If you schedule the event with the building and it goes though, you have the facility. It's hard to mess that up. If anyone disputes that, you can point to your event on the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
monkey8885

Post by monkey8885 »

Same. The calling that I have has previously let me see our entire stake's calendar events in the app. It currently does not, so I have to compare the app to the calendar online before I can confirm with others if we can utilize the building or not. Currently the app doesn't allow an individual to see other units, even if they share the same building. We have 3 units sharing our building and I cannot see the other wards in the building's schedule.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

monkey8885 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:20 pm so I have to compare the app to the calendar online before I can confirm with others if we can utilize the building or not.
If you have calendar editor rights, try to schedule an event using that building. If other people are using the same room it will block you, even if you can't see the event that's conflicting.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”