Missing ALL records

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
losthed

Missing ALL records

Post by losthed »

Hi, I logged in to my church account and ALL of my records are gone. My MRN is intact as are my Name, address, email etc.

I have been able to login in the past and see all of my records previously (1-2 years ago). Now I don't even show a ward or anything.

Did I get nuked? I'm not active (several years) so this may be possible.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing ALL records

Post by russellhltn »

losthed wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:24 pm I'm not active (several years).
I'm not sure what records you're referring to. Odds are your membership record was moved to "address unknown". You're no longer connected to a ward, so you can't see a directory or calendar. To rectify this, use the meetinghouse locator and input your address to find out what ward you belong to. Work with them to get your records moved in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

losthed wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:24 pm Hi, I logged in to my church account and ALL of my records are gone. My MRN is intact as are my Name, address, email etc.
Which records are you expecting to see? Where are you logging in to try and see them? If we know specifics we can better figure out what's going on. Since your MRN, name and contact info is intact your account appears to still be working.
losthed

Post by losthed »

I was expecting to see my ward, my ordinances, my patriarchal blessing, etc. I don't really want contact with my ward and I'm introverted, so would rather do it online. I'm getting the feeling I've just been deleted from the system other than my MRN and name... I logged in a few years back and could see it all and now I'm on the bad-list I suppose.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If your ward doesn't know where you are, they probably moved you "address unknown". I'd think you'd still be able to see your patriarchal blessing online, but you may have to request it. It was originally all paper and not all of it has been digitized.

Viewing your ordinances is part of either the online "Ward Directory and Map" or "Member Tools" for Android or iOS. But I think both of them require you to be part of a ward for them to function.

I'm not aware of any online way to have your records move to your ward. You can look up who your bishop is and call him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
losthed

Post by losthed »

Thank you, much appreciated.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:29 am You can look up who your bishop is and call him.
You could also try texting him (you mention you're introverted – if you're anything like me, texting someone is a lot easier than calling :) ). Bishops' phone numbers can be found by searching for your address and finding your ward at the Meetinghouse Locator (Maps.ChurchofJesusChrist.org). Good luck!

Example message, if it's helpful:
"Hi, Bishop – this is [name]. I haven't attended church for a while, but I think I'm in your ward. I tried logging in on the church website, but I'm not able to see my information. I think my records are in "address unknown" (not in any ward). Would you be able to help me move my records in? I'm not very social, and I'm not sure if I want to be too involved in the ward right now, but I at least want to be able to log in online."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”