LCR add household member error

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ch15154

LCR add household member error

Post by ch15154 »

When I attempt to add a household member to an existing Head of Household using LCR, why am I getting the following error?

"translate="move.add.combine.instructions" translate-value-param0="Member Name" translate-value-param1="/records/member-profile/M00000xxxxxxxxx"
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed possible MRN
garystroble

Re: LCR add household member error

Post by garystroble »

ch15154 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:06 pm When I attempt to add a household member to an existing Head of Household using LCR, why am I getting the following error?

"translate="move.add.combine.instructions" translate-value-param0="Member Name" translate-value-param1="/records/member-profile/M00000xxxxxxxx"
Is the member you are trying to move to an existing household already a member of your ward? If not, you need to move them into the ward first or at the same time.

NOTE to Moderators: the last part of the OP's quote seems to be a valid member number. Please suppress it.
ch15154

Post by ch15154 »

I’m the Ward Clerk. How would I even have access to this member’s record via LCR if they were not already a member of my ward? So, YES, they are already a member of my unit.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

ch15154 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:16 pm I’m the Ward Clerk. How would I even have access to this member’s record via LCR if they were not already a member of my ward? So, YES, they are already a member of my unit.
I'm a ward clerk too and your question is easy, if you have the parents in your ward you could see the child's name, birth date and even membership number (on the PDF of the parent's membership for the child's membership number) listed under family on the parents records. Was just making sure the membership was actually in your ward and you were not trying to combine the household just with the membership number and/or the name and birth date.

So since the membership is in your ward, are you making the attempt at adding this member to the parents' household from the member's membership or from a parent's membership, because you can only do it from a parent's membership to my knowledge. The surviving household is the one you want to add to.

I just started a household combination without actually doing it and got a similar note as you did. Did you actually put a name in the member lookup box below that message and go from there, and if so, what happened?
ch15154

Post by ch15154 »

I'm attempting to add a non-member spouse to a head of household. As soon as I select "Add a Household Member", I get the error before it allows me to specify what kind of household member or even who to add. I tried the same function on a different head-of-household. Same error.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ch15154 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:12 pm I'm attempting to add a non-member spouse to a head of household.
I'm not sure exactly what the goal is. Non-members can't be a head of household. If you're trying to get the NM spouse to show in the directory, you'll need to contact support. They have access to the "switch" that makes non-member spouses appear in the listing. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do at your end to accomplish that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

ch15154 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:12 pm I'm attempting to add a non-member spouse to a head of household. As soon as I select "Add a Household Member", I get the error before it allows me to specify what kind of household member or even who to add. I tried the same function on a different head-of-household. Same error.
If the marriage is not shown at all on the membership, the place to add a non-member spouse is in LCR; go to the family tab after you have the member's record on the screen, then click on add marriage and fill in the blanks with as much information as you can.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”