IP Addresses for Church Email servers?

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
hestegeby

IP Addresses for Church Email servers?

Post by hestegeby »

Hello everyone,
I own my own domain names and email servers. Due to the security issues with the big email systems such as Yahoo mail, Google, etc, my emails that I am sending out to our members through the Church's system fails to be delivered. This is because the IP addresses of the Church's email servers are not cleared to be used to send emails on behalf of my domain name. I request the IP addresses so that I can whitelist the Church's email servers so my emails can be sent through their servers.
Sincerely,
Br Stegeby
jamiep39

Re: IP Addresses for Church Email servers?

Post by jamiep39 »

If you're talking about sending emails via LCR, they aren't actually sent on behalf of your domain. They're sent from noreply-lcr@churchofjesuschrist.org (at the moment at least). The reply-to header is set to your email address so you get replies back.

You shouldn't have to do this, and it really probably won't do anything, but you could add the same SPF records that the churchofjesuschrist.org domain has, which you can find here: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?ac ... n=toolpage

There's an IP range there.

But again, this isn't necessary and won't actually fix anything as the delivery issue is the recipient service (eg. gmail, yahoo) not accepting emails sent by noreply-lcr@churchofjesuschrist.org, which has nothing to do with the leader's email address that appears in the reply-to field.

Return to “Links & Resources”