Finding Lost Members Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BrianEdwards

Re: Finding Lost Members Report

Post by BrianEdwards »

"...thank you for helping me..."
I appreciate your trying to be supportive in your outreach to the EQ & RS. But I would suggest a more direct approach is appropriate. The pdf in the training link you provide is clear about the responsibilities of the clerk and the responsibilities of the EQ & RS Presidencies. As Clerk, your sole responsibility as outlined in the program, is to move records. The EQ & RS Presidencies have the responsibility to lead the effort, and other ward council members (including yourself) and the missionaries may assist.

I suppose you could phrase it as "I can help your presidencies as needed", but I would proceed differently. I would invite the EQ & RS to first counsel separately as presidencies, and then counsel together as combined EQ & RS Presidencies, and determine a proposed plan. And then invite them to present that plan in Ward Council for further discussion. Then everyone is aware and involved appropriately.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Names not appearing on Finding Lost Members Report

Post by rmrichesjr »

As assistant ward clerk, membership, I just moved a record to the FLM report, and LCR said "in a few minutes" the name would appear on the report. It has been a lot longer than "a few minutes". I tried clearing browser cache and deleting Church-related cookies. The report is still showing as empty. (The report had been correctly empty before I moved the one record to it.) If I remember correctly, a month or two ago when I had moved a couple of records to the FLM report, they had showed up in the report but then disappeared until a day or two later.

Does the report's behavior fit the pattern that it takes 24 hours or overnight for a name to show up in the report? That would make the "a few minutes" comment a fairly large understatement.

Or, does the report seem to have larger reliability problems than just a delay of maybe as much as 24 hours in names showing up?
MurdockM

Re: Names not appearing on Finding Lost Members Report

Post by MurdockM »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:34 pm ... I just moved a record to the FLM report, and LCR said "in a few minutes" the name would appear on the report. It has been a lot longer than "a few minutes". ...

Does the report's behavior fit the pattern that it takes 24 hours or overnight for a name to show up in the report? ...
So far, my experience has been that changes occur overnight. However "Your Mileage May Vary". (and as this gets fully rolled out church wide.)

I've also noticed that when moving a name off the FLM list and back to the Ward list, the name then appears on the new move-in list, as of the date I moved the name back. However, that too resolved overnight.

Possibly some software and timing issues they are working on while this gets fully rolled out?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Thank you for that very useful and detailed description that it appears to be an overnight thing.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Well, it's maybe not entirely overnight. Yesterday, the name I had moved to FLM at around 4-5pm PDT showed up in the FLM report at about 9:45pm PDT, a delay of only ~5-6 hours. If my timezone calculations are correct, during that time UTC and EDT had advanced to the next day, so it might be possible the updates are based on midnight in one of those zones.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmrichesjr wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:46 pm Well, it's maybe not entirely overnight.
In the early days of MLS, some membership processes used to run every four hours. So you could enter a change before 8:00 am and it would be there shortly afterward. Enter a change before noon and it was processed by noon. But if you missed the noon batch, the change did not process until 4:00 pm.

It was a lot like the ACH system batches in the banking system work today.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

The training video/website mentions an email that will be sent out to ward/branch leaders and clerks. As a ward clerk, I have not received it yet.

So is a unit not 'officially' in the program until the unit members receive that email? The program is "being rolled out" worldwide.

Our Lost Member list is active and populated with names. However, until the Ward leaders receive that official email there may not be much researching done (based on my word alone that we need to start the program)?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

MurdockM wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:44 pm ... However, until the Ward leaders receive that official email there may not be much researching done (based on my word alone that we need to start the program)?
I sent my bishop a link to the broadcast with mention of the time in the video where it says the program is approved worldwide.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

MurdockM wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:44 pm Our Lost Member list is active and populated with names.
I would take that to mean it is rolled out and active in your ward. For questions on training, you should reach out to your stake clerk. In my experience, the church usually rolls training out through the stakes and it is possible your stake has not yet pushed the training out to the wards (or maybe it hasn't even been pushed to your stake yet).

If I were the ward clerk, I would inform the ward council of this tool and the expectations of them to work on the list. The clerk has partial responsibility as a member of the ward council, but he is not responsible alone...
rdClark

Post by rdClark »

It's now January 2024, and I'm in a brand new RS Presidency. Is this Finding Lost Members Program still officially operating? With the same steps to use before moving a "ghost" record back to Address Unknown in SLC? Are there any new rules that have been added since, April 2023? Thank you for your help. :)

Return to “Membership Help”