Finding Lost Members Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zaneclark

Finding Lost Members Report

Post by zaneclark »

How do you add names to the Finding Lost Members report? It should be simple, but I can't figure it out...
davesudweeks

Re: Finding Lost Members Report

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe they are added automatically when the clerk moves them to "address unknown"
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

davesudweeks wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:51 am I believe they are added automatically when the clerk moves them to "address unknown"
I have been a membership clerk for 13 years, but maybe I am missing something..... I have never found a way to move members to "address unknown." Where is this located?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When you move a membership record out, LCR asks you if the new address is known. If you click No, you are shown a list of actions to be completed to verify you cannot find the member's location or contact information. When you verify that, the record is moved to Address Unknown.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thank you for the help with this. I was confused, as previously when I moved out a record without an address, it disappeared somewhere in the church records department. Thanks to this forum, I now know that it goes to the Finding Lost Members report where we can still work on finding an address. I love this! When did this change?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

zaneclark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 pmWhen did this change?
Fairly recently - within the past 2-3 months, if I recall correctly. For awhile it was highlighted on the LCR reports page as a new report - that's when I noticed it. I'm no longer a clerk, but as EQP I can see the report as well and continue to try to work on them (I think the whole Ward Council can see the report as the responsibility lies with the Ward Council, not just the clerk).
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

zaneclark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 pm Thank you for the help with this. I was confused, as previously when I moved out a record without an address, it disappeared somewhere in the church records department. Thanks to this forum, I now know that it goes to the Finding Lost Members report where we can still work on finding an address. I love this! When did this change?
If was rolled out to the units in stages and also seems to have a history cut-off as none are showing thus far in the report in our ward, even though a very small number were sent to address unknown in the last few years.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've recently discovered this report, as we're working to move out some members for whom we received returned postal mail. It's good to know that the whole ward council has access to this. As a membership clerk, one matter I've found that I don't like about the Finding Lost Members report is that I can no longer see certain membership record information for the member (I suppose I can move the member back into the ward to see it). I'm dealing with some part-member families and helpful information is no longer visible: information such as the names of non-member parents of a youth, or the name of a nonmember spouse. Given the availability of the report to the ward council, I start to understand why some more confidential information isn't on the report, but not having an option for clerks to see the details can make it more challenging to find these people.
SmithonVI

Post by SmithonVI »

For those that weren't part of the pilot project, here is a link to a training video that explains the application and when it will be rolled out to the rest of us.

https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/area-t ... =undefined
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Thanks for sharing that link! I've seen previous efforts where training info that was provided to a pilot project, didn't always trickle down to local units when the program went "live". Hopefully this time when it reaches each local Stake (per the video, Feb 1st is the "go" date), there will be accompanying training resources, but at least I know where to find this now ;)

Return to “Membership Help”