Indexing Ward Report

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
salotelatu91

Indexing Ward Report

Post by salotelatu91 »

I have a question to ask but don't know where in here to post my question. How can a ward member's index record report in his or her ward index report. I thought that once the system detects that you're a member it automatically adds your name to your ward's report.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Indexing Ward Report

Post by russellhltn »

Your post has been split out as it deals with a different topic.

Are you talking about FamilySearch indexing? Yes, I would expect their contribution to flow to the ward report - provided their MRN is connected with the account they are indexing from, and that MRN is indeed in the ward as a member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
munaish

Re: Indexing Ward Report

Post by munaish »

salotelatu91 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:49 pm I have a question to ask but don't know where in here to post my question. How can a ward member's index record report in his or her ward index report. I thought that once the system detects that you're a member it automatically adds your name to your ward's report.
It seems that it used to be that way, but I think now there are a couple things that might be preventing that from happening:
1. I think as of two to a few years ago you have to join your ward's group before it tally's any of your data to it. So, the stuff you've already done might not show up. I could be wrong.
2. FamilySearch and Church Account logins aren't the same anymore. They have separate data. They weren't and then they were, but at some point, they split up again. So, you might have to enter your membership data on both accounts now, if you didn't already do it when they were combined, but I'm not sure.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Return to “General Discussions”