EQP can see member's date of unit change in Tools App, but not in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
coynejeremy

EQP can see member's date of unit change in Tools App, but not in LCR

Post by coynejeremy »

I am the EQP in my ward. When making ministering assignments changes, it is helpful to know when a person's records moved into the ward. I can see this information in the Tools app (membership information, in the "Prior Unit" section). But I cannot see the same info in LCR.

To be specific, in the Tools app, I cannot see the name of the Prior Unit, but I can see the date when the person's records moved to our ward.

Any ideas why this info would not be visible in LCR?
garystroble

Re: EQP can see member's date of unit change in Tools App, but not in LCR

Post by garystroble »

coynejeremy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:57 pm I am the EQP in my ward. When making ministering assignments changes, it is helpful to know when a person's records moved into the ward. I can see this information in the Tools app (membership information, in the "Prior Unit" section). But I cannot see the same info in LCR.

To be specific, in the Tools app, I cannot see the name of the Prior Unit, but I can see the date when the person's records moved to our ward.

Any ideas why this info would not be visible in LCR?
You may need to look at the move in report, which you should have access to in LCR, to find what you need.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

coynejeremy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:57 pm I am the EQP in my ward. When making ministering assignments changes, it is helpful to know when a person's records moved into the ward. I can see this information in the Tools app (membership information, in the "Prior Unit" section). But I cannot see the same info in LCR.
Where are you looking for the information in LCR? According to the LCR access table the elders quorum presidency has the permissions to view member profiles in LCR. This is done by selecting Member List under Membership, then selecting the member name, and then clicking View Member Profile. Viewing the member profile will show the move in date beyond the 36 month limit of the move in report in both LCR and Member Tools.

Of course the access table has been known to be inaccurate. If you do not see Membership in the LCR menu bar then I really don't know where the link to view member profiles would be for you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As a member of the elder quorum presidency I can see the member profile page, but the page that a clerk/bishop sees has some things on it that the organization presidencies don't see. The move in date is one of them. For the OP need of ministering I don't believe there would be a need to see past the 36 month mark.

Also looking in Tools be careful which record you are testing against. I can see my prior unit but I can't see prior unit on other families (Android version of Tools). I can see the move in report in Tools as well. It seems that the two apps are consitent.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”