Multiple calendar errors/bugs for several days.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tyler2424

Multiple calendar errors/bugs for several days.

Post by tyler2424 »

I'm a stake executive secretary, trying to enter dozens of 2023 events on our calendar. I've been pulling my hair out for several days as persistent problems keep popping up:

--When using "ALL DAY" for an event, the calendar will automatically add one day on either side.
--"EVENT REPEATS" only works for a month or two, then it just stops populating future dates (even prior to the "until" date I have selected)
--Various times are automatically altered and it won't allow me to change them. (I set a repeating High Council Meeting for 7 AM, but it changed it to 6 AM and won't let me change it back.)
--Some events that were previously entered simply disappear.

Each of these has been persistent for several days in a row. I'm at a loss as to how proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
caillines

Re: Multiple calendar errors/bugs for several days.

Post by caillines »

tyler2424 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:11 pm I'm a stake executive secretary, trying to enter dozens of 2023 events on our calendar. I've been pulling my hair out for several days as persistent problems keep popping up:

--When using "ALL DAY" for an event, the calendar will automatically add one day on either side.
--"EVENT REPEATS" only works for a month or two, then it just stops populating future dates (even prior to the "until" date I have selected)
--Various times are automatically altered and it won't allow me to change them. (I set a repeating High Council Meeting for 7 AM, but it changed it to 6 AM and won't let me change it back.)
--Some events that were previously entered simply disappear.

Each of these has been persistent for several days in a row. I'm at a loss as to how proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
The all day becoming 3, and hour offset are a known issue due to a daylight saving bug https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=40904
I haven't experienced the repeating event not repeating issue though.
For disappearing events, if you're using the web version, check the weekly view and see if they appear there. I've had issues previously where things not showing on the monthly view can appear on other views.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Multiple calendar errors/bugs for several days.

Post by russellhltn »

As I recall, repeating events had a limit. You couldn't schedule too many years at a time. I tended to limit it to a single year.

The software is being updated, and last I heard, the roll out was supposed to be this month. It's been delayed twice, so I wouldn't plan on it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”