Satellite broadcast schedule

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
garystroble

Re: Satellite broadcast schedule

Post by garystroble »

The bulletin regarding the First Presidency Christmas devotional just posted on the church web page and it says that the broadcast will be on the church satellite system, among other viewing and listening options.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

I’m at our meetinghouse now, and they have just started an old general conference session on the satellite. I called the GSC again and this time they said that the Friend to Friend episode will not be broadcast over satellite. So I’m now going to plan B. I’m sorry if my earlier post misled anyone. I’m glad I was suspicious enough to be prepared for this.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ulupoi wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:50 pm
garystroble wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:31 pm
ulupoi wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:10 pm I asked if the satellite broadcast schedule was available anywhere, and the rep told me that it was not publicly available, but she also said that I can always call and ask.
I'll be frank, that is a bizarre way to run a railroad, or a satellite schedule.
I can't argue with that. Maybe they want the freedom to keep the schedule flexible for programming between major events.
It's possible that there are also private broadcasts on the schedule, like regional conferences, leadership meetings, and temple dedications, that they don't want shared as a public list.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Those regional or special events have never been on the public satellite schedules in the past. Some of them such as temple dedications probably have some level of encryption as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From what I've seen in the past, "private" events are usually locked out from non-participants using encryption or some other means.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you know where to find them, you can usually get to the regional stake conferences or the area special broadcasts over the internet if you know when they are going to happen.

Temple dedication broadcasts over the internet are locked down with sign in and password requirements. There are probably other secured broadcasts as well.

When temple dedications were broadcast over the satellite system, they were encrypted and only sent to specific receivers identified in advance of the broadcast. Other receivers saw a broadcast not authorized screen.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”