Child & Youth Protection is broken or difficult

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
benjaminclark

Child & Youth Protection is broken or difficult

Post by benjaminclark »

I've taken the youth protection on my mobile device twice in the past 30 days. The last slide/video has nothing to click to proceed or "finish". I've been doing it on my phone. I will try from the computer next time.

When I tried to check online to see if it "counted" taking the course or not, I could not find a location ANYWHERE that showed my completion (or non completion) status. I checked reports, I checked my profile, I went back to the youth protection page where it had no indicator, but just presented the course again. (How I came to try to do it the second time).

Still not knowing if anything counted, I asked the ward secretary if he could tell if it counted or not. He said he has access to a report in Leader and Clerk Resources > Reports > Protecting Children and Youth Training > Elders Quorum that shows that I am still past due. I am logged in as the Elders Quorum President and I do not have access to that report. How would I ever know if I am current or not?

On the website, when I click the Contact Us link either up top in the Help Section or in the floating link on the right side of the page, they both take me to a https://servicenow.churchofjesuschrist.org/ website that says, ""Logout succeeded
Logout successful
You have successfully logged out."

If I, as the Elders Quorum President, have this much trouble finding out my status, and completing the course, and asking for help, I can only imagine many other members would also be frustrated by this and many would just give up trying.

My feedback is to suggest a status indicator on every member's dashboard that says whether they are current or not, and/or the date of expiration, and the link to take the course again. Ideally, the system would store the progress level of the amount of the course already taken, but this is secondary to the first suggestion. The course should also work from desktop and mobile devices. This all seems to make sense, but since it doesn't seem to be working that way, I'm tossing in my .o2.

Thanks!
bsewell

Re: Child & Youth Protection is broken or difficult

Post by bsewell »

Several people in my ward are having this same issue. Did you have success when you took it from a computer vs your mobile device?
BrianEdwards

Re: Child & Youth Protection is broken or difficult

Post by BrianEdwards »

My feedback is to suggest.....
For your awareness, the Tech Forum is almost exclusively regular members like yourself, without any access to the Church development team. So any feedback you post here will likely never be seen by those developers or project managers. So feedback like this should go through the standard Feedback channel. If the Children and Youth Protection Training does not have a specific Feedback button, then if you go to any Church webpage and submit Feedback, it should still be routed to the correct team per the description you provide during feedback submission.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”