Filming the Temple

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
devan2me

Filming the Temple

Post by devan2me »

I am a missionary in Mexico city. For our Facebook page we want to take a video outside of the Mexico City Temple. Are there any permissions that I need to get before filming the temple, the temple grounds or the visitor center?
BrianEdwards

Re: Filming the Temple

Post by BrianEdwards »

I think there's two aspects: the filming itself, and then the posting of that filming on social media. Even if you don't find any specific restrictions, I'd still call the temple personally and ask to speak to a member of the Temple Presidency about your plans. And then when you arrive, you might also want to let them know you're doing the filming so they're aware.

I can't imagine there are filming restrictions, otherwise every temple wedding group outside every temple would be in trouble! :D And there's plenty of videos shared on social media of the bride and groom exiting the temple, walking around the grounds, etc. But perhaps others on the Forum are aware of specifics when it comes to a more "official FB page", rather than personal social media posts.

Return to “General Discussions”