Ward Photographer Permissions

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jsmadsen

Ward Photographer Permissions

Post by jsmadsen »

My bishopric recently called someone as the ward photographer. She is wondering what permissions she has w/ this calling (ie can she go into the member's account and post a picture for them?). I can't seem to find any info on this. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Photographer Permissions

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not aware of any such calling by that name. Custom callings get no additional rights whatsoever.

There may be another calling that allows that, but I'm not sure. The photographer may need to route the requests though the ward clerk to post them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jsmadsen wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:50 pm My bishopric recently called someone as the ward photographer. She is wondering what permissions she has w/ this calling (ie can she go into the member's account and post a picture for them?). I can't seem to find any info on this. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Photos should not be uploaded of members to the church web page without the members express permission. This is particularly sensitive with children's photos, where parents' permission is definitely required before a third party can upload photos.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Also potentially relevant:
Calling-related websites or blogs can be created to share news, uplifting messages, and photos from recent activities. … Be sure to only post photos of individuals who have given permission.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/help/support/policies/general-policies/use-of-online-resources-in-church-callings?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”