New CDOL Missing Useful Information

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: New CDOL Missing Useful Information

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:59 pm I'm seeing the same thing - no related organizations. I'm also seeing far fewer stake callings. I'm sure I'm missing more than half the people. For example, I can't even see the high council.
You can see all the callings in LCR. The new CDOL has those same positions that show on the summary pages in the old CDOL.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

caillines wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:28 pm No unit calling history anymore.
I would submit that as feedback
caillines wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:28 pm No searching for all units within a geographical area if you don't know their names already.
I know that advanced search is on their list of things to do.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Has anyone verified yet if this seems to be an issue related to calling access, or if entire units are experiencing this? I suspect it's a limitation based on callings, but there's been times in the past that nobody from a particular unit was able to do something that other units could (sometimes access being rolled out geographically, alphabetically, randomly, etc).

FYI, our Branch President has access to the "Associated Units" tab, and that's available for any unit he searches for throughout the world. Haven't checked with any other local leaders yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:53 am You can see all the callings in LCR. The new CDOL has those same positions that show on the summary pages in the old CDOL.
If one has access to LCR. In my case, I don't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

caillines wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:28 pm No unit calling history anymore.
I see history for my stake, just as before.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:57 am I see history for my stake, just as before.
Where do you see it? I see history for individual leaders when I click on a leader name but I don't see a history for positions in the stake (at least not that I've found).

Interestingly the individual history now shows position in units I'm no longer part of including my ward clerk position back in Utah. That did not show up in the old CDOL.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:54 pm
lajackson wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:57 am I see history for my stake, just as before.
Where do you see it? I see history for individual leaders when I click on a leader name but I don't see a history for positions in the stake (at least not that I've found).

Interestingly the individual history now shows position in units I'm no longer part of including my ward clerk position back in Utah. That did not show up in the old CDOL.
Oops. I should not have said "just as before." I am seeing what you are seeing. I am also seeing leader history for anyone, in or out of my stake. But no, I am not seeing a list of all the prior bishops or stake presidents in a unit (or other positions) that I saw in the last version of CDOL.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Associated Units is showing up for me today, so I wonder if they are loading in bits in chunks.

Still no unit level history, but I can now see leader level history to a higher level than previously.
Previously leader history was only callings within my stake, now it's callings across all stakes.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

caillines wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:38 pm Associated Units is showing up for me today, so I wonder if they are loading in bits in chunks.
The data is all there just controlled by rights based on position type. I think they've been adding rights to some position types as needed
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

caillines wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:38 pm Associated Units is showing up for me today, so I wonder if they are loading in bits in chunks.
Yep, it's showing for me now too.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”