Gear Icon Missing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tedhoughton

Re: Gear Icon Missing

Post by tedhoughton »

I have the same problem. It would be good to get a timeframe for the completion of the update.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tedhoughton wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:35 pm It would be good to get a timeframe for the completion of the update.
The Church rarely sends out such time estimates, but I think they are working as quickly as possible to restore at least the basic functions we had before.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

richardgiles wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 am As well as the gear icon missing my church calendar is no longer syncing to google calendar on either my my PC (windows 11) or mobile phone (android.) As Stake Exec Sec and trying to confirm the 2023 calendar it would be helpful if this was restored sooner rather than later. Is there a timetable for reinstatement?
The calendar has not automatically synched to my (android) mobile device for quite some time. The manual technique I use involves using the Gear (Settings) icon on Member Tools and scrolling down to the bottom of the screen. Press "Refresh Data". After it has refreshed the data go back to the calendar. Press the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner. Then press "Refresh." It is tedious, but it does get the job done. It has been that way for months. Someone from the support team told me about using "Refresh Data" in the Member Tools Settings tab. However, as I recall, I have been manually refreshing (synching) my calendar (the three vertical dots) for two years or more. I am open to a better solution.
caillines

Post by caillines »

gshosford wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:05 pm
richardgiles wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 am As well as the gear icon missing my church calendar is no longer syncing to google calendar on either my my PC (windows 11) or mobile phone (android.) As Stake Exec Sec and trying to confirm the 2023 calendar it would be helpful if this was restored sooner rather than later. Is there a timetable for reinstatement?
The calendar has not automatically synched to my (android) mobile device for quite some time. The manual technique I use involves using the Gear (Settings) icon on Member Tools and scrolling down to the bottom of the screen. Press "Refresh Data". After it has refreshed the data go back to the calendar. Press the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner. Then press "Refresh." It is tedious, but it does get the job done. It has been that way for months. Someone from the support team told me about using "Refresh Data" in the Member Tools Settings tab. However, as I recall, I have been manually refreshing (synching) my calendar (the three vertical dots) for two years or more. I am open to a better solution.
Unfortunately this only helps with the tools app, rather than the .ics style syncing into other calendar systems.
beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

I am still having this problem of the Gear Icon Missiong on the calendar page. Has it been fixed yet and I missed the fix somehow? I am trying to edit and set up the new calendars for the year 2023. It is hard to do without having access to the settings for the Stake Calendar page.
Any one have any suggestions?
caillines

Post by caillines »

beshiflett wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:40 pm I am still having this problem of the Gear Icon Missiong on the calendar page. Has it been fixed yet and I missed the fix somehow? I am trying to edit and set up the new calendars for the year 2023. It is hard to do without having access to the settings for the Stake Calendar page.
Any one have any suggestions?
Hasn't been implemented yet. If you need permissions changed or calendars added/removed, you can use the blue "feedback" tab that is hopefully somewhere along the bottom or right of the calendar page, to make the request and they can change them for you.
Dibb34

Post by Dibb34 »

Any update on this that anyone has heard? This has been gone an awful long time which makes managing the calendar for the stake nearly impossible.
jdrandall

Post by jdrandall »

I can't find the Gear Icon either?? Can someone send me the link to the proper page to make sure i am looking for it in the right place?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The gear icon is not yet programmed into Calendar 4.0 and there is nothing anyone here can do to make it happen any sooner than the developers are able to implement it according to the priorities they have been given.

Three posts ago the workaround was mentioned where you can send a note through the feedback tab and they have offered to make changes for you until the program is implemented where you will be able to make changes for yourself.
ssoward

Post by ssoward »

Looking forward to when this is released in "early 2023" so I can sync with my Google calendar again.

Return to “Calendar”