Calendar Access as of 11-16-22 - comments for russellhltn or someone who can help

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
margiestroble

Calendar Access as of 11-16-22 - comments for russellhltn or someone who can help

Post by margiestroble »

I am a Stake Building Scheduler and the Ward Building Scheduler. I can not get the new calendar to load up. My husband is the Ward Clerk and he is able to get it loaded up. That makes me think that certain callings are programmed to be able to see it and the rest of us are not yet able to see it. I use Google Chrome and he uses Firefox. So, I tried Firefox and it still wouldn't let me see the calendar.

He can see the Stake Events as well as our Ward Events. He can not see any other Ward's Events.

He tried scheduling an activity on a date and time when we know another Ward has something scheduled, and it did pop up with a message saying there was a conflict. So, that is good.

Our building is the Stake Center, which serves 3 Wards, 1 Branch, the Stake, the Mission, the Family History Center, and they are in the process of moving the Mission Office into our building as well. It gets a lot of use! It definitely would be nice to be able to see everything that is scheduled at the building so that myself and others who are trying to schedule something can quickly see when it is available without trying to schedule something on a certain day and time and have it pop up with conflicts until we just happen to choose an available day and time.

I had someone contact me today wanting to know if the High Council Room was available for a Stake Seminary In Service Meeting. I couldn't even do that. The app on my phone is still showing me the calendar, but it only shows the Stake Events and our Ward Events. If another Ward has anything scheduled, I can't see it. I am at least thankful that the app still shows me that much. I am not going to refresh it in fear of it disappearing altogether!

Is it a fact that certain callings can have access to the calendar now and the rest of us have to wait? I would think that a Stake or Ward Building Scheduler should be included in that select group of people who are able to see the calendar so that they can get things scheduled! It's like telling a delivery person to deliver an order, but yet the vehicle they are provided with doesn't have any tires or a full tank of gas!

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Margie Stroble
caillines

Re: Calendar Access as of 11-16-22 - comments for russellhltn or someone who can help

Post by caillines »

I'm stake exec sec and it's still not loading for me at at this stage.
margiestroble

Re: Calendar Access as of 11-16-22 - comments for russellhltn or someone who can help

Post by margiestroble »

I am so sorry it's not working for you either! I would have thought maybe because of your calling that you would be able to see it, but I guess not.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the calendar system is still loading. I can't see anything for my stake either.

I'd be curious to see if anyone who is NOT a building scheduler still has an issue. That would be something new.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:26 pm I believe the calendar system is still loading. I can't see anything for my stake either.

I'd be curious to see if anyone who is NOT a building scheduler still has an issue. That would be something new.
I am a ward clerk and as margiestroble related above, I can only see our ward's and the stake's events. The ability to see other wards using our building on the calendar is not available. It was prior to this downgrade.
caillines

Post by caillines »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:26 pm I believe the calendar system is still loading. I can't see anything for my stake either.
Finally had my first successful load of the new calendar this morning. Worked once, correctly showing events across the stake for November.
I clicked to December and it broke again and hasn't worked since. I'm hoping once all the global units finish loading that whatever excess load is on the system will go away and it will start working for me.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

caillines wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:51 pm
Finally had my first successful load of the new calendar this morning. Worked once, correctly showing events across the stake for November.
I clicked to December and it broke again and hasn't worked since. I'm hoping once all the global units finish loading that whatever excess load is on the system will go away and it will start working for me.
Yay, at least it started working for you! May I ask what your calling is? I'm just trying to see what callings may be able to see the calendar. I am the Stake Building Scheduler as well as the Ward Building Scheduler and I can't see the Calendar. My husband is the Ward Clerk and he can see it, but he can't do any Stake Scheduling for me.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I tried loading up the Calendar about 30 minutes ago, and it took a little bit longer than it usually does before it turns completely white/blank, and it did load up to where I could see that it was the November Calendar, but there were no entries on any of the dates. I could see the list of buildings over on the left, so I clicked on one that I usually keep as not showing, to see if maybe that building would load up, and it didn't. I kept seeing the circular motion just spinning and nothing loaded up. I waited a few minutes in case it was just slow. It never loaded up anything. I went back to the main page and tried it again and now I'm getting the below message. I tried it a few more times and I keep getting this same message.

503 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
The Lambda function associated with the CloudFront distribution is invalid or doesn't have the required permissions. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: I13DPFH-9OieVjlTWAjHInE7w7wVg1rv572Iu5tM-al15DS15c2iDg==
caillines

Post by caillines »

margiestroble wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:05 pm May I ask what your calling is? I'm just trying to see what callings may be able to see the calendar. I am the Stake Building Scheduler as well as the Ward Building Scheduler and I can't see the Calendar. My husband is the Ward Clerk and he can see it, but he can't do any Stake Scheduling for me.
Stake Exec Sec.
The calendar starts loading with the spinning wheel. You can see the November calendar (blank) in the background. Then it was just failing to load and went to the white screen. I seem to be in a working state at the moment, it just takes a long time for the initial load, and then about 5 seconds for the month to change.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I was finally able to get the calendar to load up. I can see all of the Stake Events as well as my Ward Events, but nothing from any other Wards or the Branch. I clicked to go to the December Calendar and it is not showing me any Events, the date boxes are all blank. That's what I got for November earlier, just all blank boxes. So, I am hopeful that it will all be visible soon.

So, have patience everyone. I know that's hard to do when you have scheduling that needs to be done!

Return to “Calendar”