Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cabrooksby

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by cabrooksby »

It has been stated that 4.0 was released because of 'security reasons'. But I find it a little disturbing that I don't have to sign in to the Calendar to see it, or make changes! The Calendar also often still shows after I have logged out!

This seems to happen when I have already logged in previously that day. It seems that for 'security reasons' that we should have to login EVERY TIME we want to make changes. All the other applications on the Church's website require this!
marc.wettering

Post by marc.wettering »

cabrooksby wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:27 pm It has been stated that 4.0 was released because of 'security reasons'. But I find it a little disturbing that I don't have to sign in to the Calendar to see it, or make changes! The Calendar also often still shows after I have logged out!

This seems to happen when I have already logged in previously that day. It seems that for 'security reasons' that we should have to login EVERY TIME we want to make changes. All the other applications on the Church's website require this!
Well spotted. And it's even possible to create new events or delete existing.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

marc.wettering wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:57 pm
cabrooksby wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:27 pm It has been stated that 4.0 was released because of 'security reasons'. But I find it a little disturbing that I don't have to sign in to the Calendar to see it, or make changes! The Calendar also often still shows after I have logged out!

Well spotted. And it's even possible to create new events or delete existing.
I have noticed that when I log out, the calendar still shows, but I didn't try scheduling anything unless I logged back in. I tried it just now and yes, you are correct, once you log out, the calendar lets you do scheduling without logging back in. I clicked on the Feedback Button and reported it.
tmortensenii

Post by tmortensenii »

margiestroble wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:49 pm
tmortensenii wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:33 pm Thanks caillines, we had noticed the issue of not being able to see the other Ward's events as we could in the past. I am glad I saw this thread and I appreciate your proposed work around.
You should be able to see other unit's scheduled activities now. That was fixed a while back.
Thanks for the heads up. I am taking a stab the church's Calendar security issue with the Calendar is the data breach they had and that resulted in the abrupt urgent release. But could we get a release notes page, as being able to tell when things are fixed and known issues would help those of us advocating for using the church's tools. In our area the calendar is slowly turning into a reservation system. And we are using other mechanisms for sharing events now.

I appreciate everything being done; software is hard. So good luck!
spencer.michael

Post by spencer.michael »

I'm a Stake Executive Secretary and need to drastically alter our calendar from an administrative perspective as there has been direction given by our Stake Presidency. I do not have the administrative autonomy that was afforded to us by the old system. Who can I contact to make these changes immediately?

Appreciation, and thanks for any assistance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

spencer.michael wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 am I'm a Stake Executive Secretary and need to drastically alter our calendar from an administrative perspective as there has been direction given by our Stake Presidency. I do not have the administrative autonomy that was afforded to us by the old system. Who can I contact to make these changes immediately?
You can use the floating "Feedback" tab on the calendar to request the changes you need to make.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

Has anybody else had a problem with trying to open the calendar (on the website)?

This is what's happening:
1. Calendar
2. Long pause while it says "Give us a moment".
3. Current month, but no events.
4. Pause a few seconds.
5. Blank page - not even the empty current month.

BTW - I have a good internet connection and I'm stake executive secretary :)
tmortensenii

Post by tmortensenii »

spencer.michael wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 am I'm a Stake Executive Secretary and need to drastically alter our calendar from an administrative perspective as there has been direction given by our Stake Presidency. I do not have the administrative autonomy that was afforded to us by the old system. Who can I contact to make these changes immediately?

Appreciation, and thanks for any assistance!
Forewarning - It is not going to be quick. I would just warn your stake president about that. Unless someone here has an experience, they can share where it was quick. That hasn't been my experience so far. Not a critique of the team doing the work, this is just the reality with software development.
caillines

Post by caillines »

peparsons wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:10 am Has anybody else had a problem with trying to open the calendar (on the website)?

1. Calendar
4. Pause a few seconds.

Mine started playing up again a few days ago after working previously.

Clear all your church related browser cache items** and try again. Worked for me with chrome

In Chrome it's Settings->Privacy and security->See all site data and permissions and then delete items from churchofjesuschrist.org.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

caillines wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:45 pm
peparsons wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:10 am Has anybody else had a problem with trying to open the calendar (on the website)?

1. Calendar
4. Pause a few seconds.

Mine started playing up again a few days ago after working previously.

Clear all your church related browser cache items** and try again. Worked for me with chrome

In Chrome it's Settings->Privacy and security->See all site data and permissions and then delete items from churchofjesuschrist.org.
Thanks for replying. I shutdown my laptop, went away for about 4 hours, came back, restarted and it worked.
"Error correction by retry" - always worth trying :D
Next time it happens, I'll try clearing the cache as you suggested.

Return to “Calendar”