Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
casper684

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by casper684 »

Really confusing for what building event is held at. It appears that new entries do not indicate location UNLESS you have
location selected. Sure miss building location color coding. Especially on stake level with 5 location calendars to view.
Don't see a way to change colors of buildings or calendars either?

Any suggestions or am I missing something. When I click on the event details it gives no location on some just what rooms
were selected.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:31 pm Really confusing for what building event is held at. It appears that new entries do not indicate location UNLESS you have
location selected. Sure miss building location color coding. Especially on stake level with 5 location calendars to view.
No, I don't see a way of changing the color. When I click on the event, it see both the location (with address) as well as the rooms involved.

All items on my calendar have a colored dot that shows what calendar it came from. If you turn off all event calendars and only have locations turned on, I think you'll see locations as color coded. As far as I can remember, the old calendar worked the same way. Was there something else that showed location?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Only one item per day shown for me on the larger font calendar. At least the + 6 More link brings up a large, readable popup. That is an improvement.

There used to be a highlight on the current calendar day. I guess I am on my own now to know what day it is.

I have several events where detail shows that the entire building is scheduled. I am not quite sure yet how to figure out which entire building it is, though.

And the display is so v e r y s l o w, b . u . t . . a . t . . l . e . a . s . t . . i . t . . . . s . . h . . o . . w . . s . . . . f . . o . . r . . . . m . . e . . . . n . . . o . . . w .
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I get 2 items per day and then the + whatever and I have my font on pretty large on my computer. I miss that when we used to click on the +6 only got a listing of the times and event and not all the details for the event like it is now. We could then select on any entry we wanted more details about.

Also miss the highlight on the current calendar day AND also the tab that would take you right back to "TODAY".
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

casper684 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:45 pm I get 2 items per day and then the + whatever and I have my font on pretty large on my computer. I miss that when we used to click on the +6 only got a listing of the times and event and not all the details for the event like it is now. We could then select on any entry we wanted more details about.

Also miss the highlight on the current calendar day AND also the tab that would take you right back to "TODAY".
I see the same as what you are seeing, except I don't have my computer set for large fonts, but the text on the new calendar is larger than the other one was and there are lots of empty areas that could be showing text instead of blank. The rows of text are spread apart too, lots of extra room. I agree with your other comments!
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:44 pm
casper684 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:31 pm Really confusing for what building event is held at. It appears that new entries do not indicate location UNLESS you have
No, I don't see a way of changing the color. When I click on the event, it see both the location (with address) as well as the rooms involved.

All items on my calendar have a colored dot that shows what calendar it came from. If you turn off all event calendars and only have locations turned on, I think you'll see locations as color coded. As far as I can remember, the old calendar worked the same way. Was there something else that showed location?
So, on the left side where the calendars and locations are listed, click on the color dot by whichever one you want to change and different color options will pop up and you can choose a different color. Or at any rate, I can see that tonight. Hopefully those who wish to change colors can see it too!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:31 pm Sure miss building location color coding.
I remember what you're talking about now. Events at a location used to have a little house that looked like the ones from Monopoly. The color of the house was the location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

casper684 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:31 pm Sure miss building location color coding. Especially on stake level with 5 location calendars to view.
Over on the left side, the colored dots before the calendars and locations, click on the colored dot you want to change, and some other color options will pop up and you can choose another color.
sandycherry

Post by sandycherry »

Thanks for posting what you are experiencing. Any word on timeline for your comments
"Noticeable absent: adding/modifying restrictions, creating/modifying calendars (including rights), iCal sync files. Features will be coming, but no timeline as of yet."

I have lost my ability to see the Stake Calendar (not location) which is how I post all the Temple Patron events as. Also I'm in one of the Wards in the building so I can see that calendar but no longer have rights to see the other home Ward's calendar so can't see their items. The Stake "Location" icon doesn't let me see it either.

Really difficult to add anything for anyone and will start to pose problems if I can't see what is what. I can add an event then it tells me there is a conflict... to something I saw as myself having added already. Upgrades are good, but this puts us all in a bind with people who are less understanding getting upset with me! Sandy
sandycherry

Post by sandycherry »

caillines wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:08 pm From the source code, the 2nd release will include menu items for:
  • Sync Settings
  • Calendar Options
  • Administrators
  • Locations and Rooms
  • Print
That seems to cover everything we used to have.
Any idea when this 2nd release is coming? I can't schedule for anything outside my Ward and Stake. Scheduling for temple patrons use of the building which I used the Stake Building location code as the calendar, which I can't see. Also can't see any of the other home Ward's events either since I'm not in their Ward and they can't add me because no one can see the icon to do that. Really going to be an issue as we get into the holidays and scheduling for 2023! Hope it's soon!

Return to “Calendar”