Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:01 pm But you repeat yourself. It's in your tag line.

The quote continues, "But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
And if you read even wider around the quote, it takes on a different meaning than the way it is being used here. But I will admit to tailoring quotes to get the meaning I desire, especially when I cannot find one that says what I would like it to say.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'm not quite so certain what bug caused two different people on this board to respond so interestingly to a quote that personifies their responses, but the irony is likely lost.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Looking at your cartoon character. Do you do a lot of hiking there? Are you able to hike in the winter?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The gear icon has appeared. You can now manage the Building Scheduler and it appears Sync is now available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Yipee. Wonder what next release will be targeting? I am sure lots of people will be happy with sync. Personally don't use it but it appears that many do. I am awaiting being able to edit
entries. I see details and have the "edit" button but can not edit as I am unable to select "calendar". Don't need calendar as wasn't necessary before. As a building scheduler used to be able to just edit an entry regardless of what calendar it was on as long as my assigned building.

Instructions clearly state (on old calendar system) Per Step by Step Building Schedulers Rolls and Responsibilities https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... s?lang=eng
"They have the ability to make appropriate changes to events associated with the building, even events on stake and ward calendars, assisting the editors of the various calendars."
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

casper684 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:07 pm Yipee. Wonder what next release will be targeting? I am sure lots of people will be happy with sync. Personally don't use it but it appears that many do. I am awaiting being able to edit
entries. I see details and have the "edit" button but can not edit as I am unable to select "calendar". Don't need calendar as wasn't necessary before. As a building scheduler used to be able to just edit an entry regardless of what calendar it was on as long as my assigned building.

Instructions clearly state (on old calendar system) Per Step by Step Building Schedulers Rolls and Responsibilities https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... s?lang=eng
"They have the ability to make appropriate changes to events associated with the building, even events on stake and ward calendars, assisting the editors of the various calendars."
You can edit the calendar by clicking on the date you wish to edit.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:49 pm The gear icon has appeared. You can now manage the Building Scheduler and it appears Sync is now available.
For those of us who are unit admins the gear icon is only showing the 'sync' and 'help' options.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:58 pm For those of us who are unit admins the gear icon is only showing the 'sync' and 'help' options.
Only stake admins can set building scheduler. I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:07 pm I am awaiting being able to edit entries. I see details and have the "edit" button but can not edit as I am unable to select "calendar". Don't need calendar as wasn't necessary before. As a building scheduler used to be able to just edit an entry regardless of what calendar it was on as long as my assigned building.
Yup. Looks like a bug.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:36 pm
jdlessley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:58 pm For those of us who are unit admins the gear icon is only showing the 'sync' and 'help' options.
Only stake admins can set building scheduler. I'm pretty sure it's always been that way.
That was not my purpose for posting. I was pointing out that there is nothing of use for unit admins. l am not a stake admin.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”