Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
pjbenton

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by pjbenton »

As a fairly new exec sec Bishop has asked me to make sure activities are posted but also wants to sync tools calendar to his google calendar. How do I help him do that?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pjbenton wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:19 pm Bishop has asked me to make sure activities are posted but also wants to sync tools calendar to his google calendar.
The Member Tools calendar gets its information from the web Calendar page. I do not know of a way to sync from Tools to another device.

[NOTE: This information in my original post has changed:
The sync from the web Calendar to other sources has not yet been coded in Calendar 4.0 so we are all waiting for that capability to become available once again. There is no time line on when that might happen.]

Once it does, that would be the best way to get web Calendar events into a Google calendar.

CORRECTION: The sync function was restored in February. Thanks to martyriker for the link to Calendar functionality updates and the other excellent information provided in the next post.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

pjbenton wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:19 pm As a fairly new exec sec Bishop has asked me to make sure activities are posted but also wants to sync tools calendar to his google calendar. How do I help him do that?
If you are trying to see the ward calendar on a Google calendar, that is possible. If you want to add items to your Google calendar and have that show on your Ward calendar, this is not.

Getting your Ward calendar on your Google calendar is pretty easy.
Start by clicking the Gear icon on the top right of the calendar. Choose sync.

Since each of the units in our stake has several calendars, and I don't want to see them all in my Google calendar, I created a custom calendar, and then a unique URL is created that I can then use to add the calendar to my Google devices.
My url starts like this: /churchofjesuschrist.org/church-calendar/services/ext/v3.0/export/ical/group/09e.....

Here are the church release updates:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... e?lang=eng
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:02 pm The sync from the web Calendar to other sources has not yet been coded in Calendar 4.0 so we are all waiting for that capability to become available once again. There is no time line on when that might happen. Once it does, that would be the best way to get web Calendar events into a Google calendar.
That was true, but it's been fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:47 pm That was true, but it's been fixed.
I have edited my original post accordingly.

Return to “Calendar”