Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lindasheppard1

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by lindasheppard1 »

Are you saying that at the moment there isn't a way to sync the church calendar with a google calendar?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lindasheppard1 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:34 am Are you saying that at the moment there isn't a way to sync the church calendar with a google calendar?
Not until that feature is coded again and added back into version 4.
johndriscoll

Post by johndriscoll »

Can we go back to the previous version of the calendar?
alanmitchell

Post by alanmitchell »

Thank you for the suggestions. Is there somewhere that Calendar updates are posted (e.g. LCR has release notes), or are we to check for returned/new features ourselves?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johndriscoll wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:28 am Can we go back to the previous version of the calendar?
As explained above, Calendar 3 had security issues that forced the replacement before it was ready.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

alanmitchell wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:12 pm Thank you for the suggestions. Is there somewhere that Calendar updates are posted (e.g. LCR has release notes), or are we to check for returned/new features ourselves?
Essentially it's just checking ourselves.
Chances are though someone here will notice a change fairly quickly and post in this thread.
tmortensenii

Post by tmortensenii »

Thanks caillines, we had noticed the issue of not being able to see the other Ward's events as we could in the past. I am glad I saw this thread and I appreciate your proposed work around.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

tmortensenii wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:33 pm Thanks caillines, we had noticed the issue of not being able to see the other Ward's events as we could in the past. I am glad I saw this thread and I appreciate your proposed work around.
You should be able to see other unit's scheduled activities now. That was fixed a while back.
globi84

Post by globi84 »

lajackson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:48 am
lindasheppard1 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:34 am Are you saying that at the moment there isn't a way to sync the church calendar with a google calendar?
can you tell us, how long we need to wait, for this feature?

weeks, months or years?

in our ward miss a lot of people this feature.

thanks for your work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

globi84 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:08 am
lajackson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:48 am
can you tell us, how long we need to wait, for this feature?

weeks, months or years?
Months. We're already past "weeks". And I fully expect to see other features appear first, such as the settings to allow management of the calendars. But so far the changes seem to be bug fixes and not new features.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”