Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:50 pm I was pointing out that there is nothing of use for unit admins. l am not a stake admin.
At a personal level, there's sync.

But for ward admins, you're right. There's no calendar management. (Yet)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
snlutz

Post by snlutz »

I have lost all the 'full day' events showing up in the calendar with a bar across the day on Sundays. Every other day seems to work just fine. One good example is I have Full Day marked for our Stake Conference on 6 and 7 May. Saturday shows up with the full day bar across the top. Sunday doesn't. Any ideas/suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

snlutz wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:22 am I have lost all the 'full day' events showing up in the calendar with a bar across the day on Sundays. Every other day seems to work just fine. One good example is I have Full Day marked for our Stake Conference on 6 and 7 May. Saturday shows up with the full day bar across the top. Sunday doesn't. Any ideas/suggestions?
I'm not seeing an issue. You might want to try incognito mode to make sure it's not a strange cookie issue.

When were the events created? In the prior version of Calendar or the current one? Is the problem visible in both standard time and daylight savings?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

One thing to be aware of with sync.
All day events in the "Churchwide Events" calendar are midnight-midnight Utah time, so will appear as such on your synched calendars. This issue does not appear to happen on the web version of the calendar, but does happen in the member-tools calendar.

To see if you're affected by this, have a look at how Easter Sunday appears in your various calendars.
phorton

Post by phorton »

Very happy to see the sync option available again. However, it does not include location calendars. I can see all of the Stake and Ward activities, but would also like to see the location events for our building. Can location items be added to sync options?
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

@phorton - This forum is not a place to make suggestions for improvements. That should happen with the feedback tool available online or from the App. That is the only conduit into the development team. This is a place where users can share what they have learned with others for our mutual benefit. I like your idea, but the developers do not frequent this forum. They do respond individually to feedback tickets.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

phorton wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:48 pm Very happy to see the sync option available again. However, it does not include location calendars. I can see all of the Stake and Ward activities, but would also like to see the location events for our building. Can location items be added to sync options?
FYI, that would be a new feature. The old calendar didn't have that. The developers are still working to restore the old features.

I am curious about the "business case" for such a feature. The location calendar is useful when planning to submit an event. But no scheduling can be done via sync. The only way to add an event is on the webpage which does have the location calendar.

Unfortunately some have the idea "if nothing is scheduled then I can use the building". That frequently leads to problems and should be avoided. Allowing sync of the location calendar would encourage that.

phorton

Post by phorton »

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted the feedback via the feedback tool on the calendar site.

The business case for this visibility...as a Bishop, I often have people coming to me wanting to know if the building is available. It would be much easier to check my sync'd calendar than have to open the tool. I would still send them to the tool or to our building scheduler to actually schedule the event, but visbility into whether the building is scheduled by the other ward would be helpful.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

It appears that the Calendar has received a new update which has restored the Sync function/menu

Thank you :D
jakesmith101

Post by jakesmith101 »

This is just wrong. Now they have added an additional burden to already busy members and leaders. I’m so frustrated with the calendar sync being disabled. Now we can only access the calendar via the church website, if you want month view, which is really day view since you have to click on every date that has more than one event scheduled. The church website is glitchy half the time and it’s so tedious to try and compare personal calendar with church calendar. This needs fixing ASAP.

Return to “Calendar”