Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Calendar 4.0 released

Post by russellhltn »

The calendar was released yesterday, and a emergency bug fix was pushed out just now. So everyone should be able to get in. (I can get in where I couldn't before.)

At this point, the calendar is quite limited. Apparently there were security issues with the old calendar that required switching to this one before it was fully ready.

Noticeable absent: adding/modifying restrictions, creating/modifying calendars (including rights), iCal sync files. Features will be coming, but no timeline as of yet.

If you need to make changes that can't be done (modify a restriction, change a user, etc.) , use the floating feedback button on the right of the calendar. This is a new feedback system.

As far as the DST bug, events made with the old calendar may work differently then ones made in 4.0.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by caillines »

Also note:
All day events look the same as timed events (i.e. no multi-day bars anymore)
russellhltn wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:02 pm As far as the DST bug, events made with the old calendar may work differently then ones made in 4.0.
Yes, I'm going through and re-doing all the all-day events.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I was finally able to get in! Yay!

I needed to update an entry. It let me make the appropriate changes. Once it did it's work to save it, and the calendar was visible again, it was showing the original info. I clicked on it to see the event info and it was showing the original info there too. So, I refreshed the page and then the info on the calendar was the updated information.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:02 pm The calendar was released yesterday, and a emergency bug fix was pushed out just now. So everyone should be able to get in. (I can get in where I couldn't before.)
Noticeable absent: adding/modifying restrictions, creating/modifying calendars (including rights), iCal sync files. Features will be coming, but no timeline as of yet.
So happy to just be in! Also missing gear to access options: 1. Sync 2. Date Options 3. Administrators 4. Locations and Rooms and 5. Manage Calendars Certainly hope those can be found somewhere.

Now to just familiarize myself with it for all the questions that will be coming my way :-) Appreciate so much all that was done to
facilitate this upgrade of the calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:29 pm 2. Date Options
You mean format (mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy) or something else?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:34 pm
casper684 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:29 pm 2. Date Options
You mean format (mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy) or something else?
The items that were in the drop down menu when selecting the gear. I don't recall using the "date options"
myself. Was just mentioning what used to be available. Also see NO email listed for building schedulers
just phone numbers AND the order of schedulers changed. The last one called (just very recently) is now
the top one on the list and not fully trained. I used to be able to select the "primary scheduler".
caillines

Post by caillines »

From the source code, the 2nd release will include menu items for:
  • Sync Settings
  • Calendar Options
  • Administrators
  • Locations and Rooms
  • Print
That seems to cover everything we used to have.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

What about the ability to see other units that use the same building? That would be most helpful to see their events so you could readily know if the building was available or not. Right now, all we can see are Stake events and our own Ward events.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:14 pm What about the ability to see other units that use the same building? That would be most helpful to see their events so you could readily know if the building was available or not. Right now, all we can see are Stake events and our own Ward events.
That should be visible on the Location calendar. Keep in mind that not every activity is going to take place in the ward's building. As such, you're not interested in another ward's events as much as what is taking place in the building. I'm able to see another ward's events when I turn on the location calendar.

Also keep in mind that it's not necessary to see if some else is using the building to schedule your event. If there's a conflict, the new event will be blocked. But at the same time, I understand you don't want to play Battleship just to schedule your event.

caillines

Post by caillines »

margiestroble wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:14 pm What about the ability to see other units that use the same building? That would be most helpful to see their events so you could readily know if the building was available or not. Right now, all we can see are Stake events and our own Ward events.
I'm wondering if the visibility thing is a calling related permissions issue that has crept in.
It still throws up an error if you try to book a room at a time when it is not available. So as a fall back way of checking, you could try and schedule a month-long all-day event for all rooms in the building and it should give you a list of clashes.

Return to “Calendar”