Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
margiestroble

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by margiestroble »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:27 pm
That should be visible on the Location calendar. Keep in mind that not every activity is going to take place in the ward's building. As such, you're not interested in another ward's events as much as what is taking place in the building. I'm able to see another ward's events when I turn on the location calendar.

Also keep in mind that it's not necessary to see if some else is using the building to schedule your event. If there's a conflict, the new event will be blocked. But at the same time, I understand you don't want to play Battleship just to schedule your event.
That's what I meant, that it would be nice to see events that are being held at the Stake Center so you'd know at first glance if it's available or not. I do have the Stake Center location turned on. We have 3 Wards, 1 Branch, the Stake, the Mission, the Family History Center, plus we are in the process of getting the Mission Office moved into our building too. It's a busy place and lots of things going on. It would take a lot more time to click and try each day and time to schedule something. Just for instance, consider all 3 Wards and the Branch looking at the calendar and making a note of open dates, then in their leadership meetings, discussing that particular date/time and then trying to schedule and it's already been taken, so they would be back to the drawing board! Not very user friendly. I don't know why I can't see the other units in my building since I have it turned on. Maybe mine will become available soon, I sure hope so!
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

caillines wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:32 pm
I'm wondering if the visibility thing is a calling related permissions issue that has crept in.
It still throws up an error if you try to book a room at a time when it is not available. So as a fall back way of checking, you could try and schedule a month-long all-day event for all rooms in the building and it should give you a list of clashes.
Yes, I tried scheduling something on a date and time that I knew another ward had something scheduled and it did pop up saying there was a conflict, so at least the software doesn't double schedule.

Oh, that's a good trick to schedule a month long, all day event to see what pops up as a conflict! That is a lot of extra work though, but would be better than doing one day at a time. Hopefully this will be corrected soon for everyone.
clark.danielw

Post by clark.danielw »

Going through the calendar tonight to determine what I need to fix, I have found everything after daylight savings has shifted by 1 hour. Anyone have any suggestions on whether it is best to shift everything back an hour or just leave it this way until March?
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I manually changed the times on the events that was messed up by the Daylight Saving Time issue when I scheduled them earlier, so now I went back and fixed them all again manually. I'd rather have extra work for me to do and have the calendar be correct for those who are making note of events that they are involved in or interested in so that they have the correct time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:39 pm That's what I meant, that it would be nice to see events that are being held at the Stake Center so you'd know at first glance if it's available or not.
You should see that if you turn on that location. It seems to be working fine for me. If I disable the stake center location, my calendar gets real empty.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

clark.danielw wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:53 pm Going through the calendar tonight to determine what I need to fix, I have found everything after daylight savings has shifted by 1 hour. Anyone have any suggestions on whether it is best to shift everything back an hour or just leave it this way until March?
I went through and manually fixed all the hour-shifted and 2-day-gained events. I sent a message to Bishoprics letting them know that they should go through and the check events that they have made. Thought it was easier to get it sorted now.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:03 pm
You should see that if you turn on that location. It seems to be working fine for me. If I disable the stake center location, my calendar gets real empty.
My Ward meets at the Stake Center, as well as 2 other Wards and 1 Branch. I do have it turned on because that's where my Ward meets and that's where I need to do scheduling. I turned it off and I still see all of the Stake and our Ward entries. I turned it back on and it's the same. I guess because my Ward uses the Stake Center, it shows me the same thing by default. I can't see the other Wards and the Branch's events at all and they meet in the same building, which is our Stake Center.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

Interesting!

Last night, my husband was looking at the calendar, using his account on his computer, and he turned off the Stake Center location and all of the Stake Activities that were actually scheduled at the Stake Center disappeared. The all day entries, such as Fast Sunday or Thanksgiving, or anything that is on any of the Stake Calendars, but isn't an actual activity where it has been scheduled at the building were still there. He still can't see the other Wards and the Branch that uses the Stake Center, just our Ward and the Stake activities.

That still does not work that way for me, but, I guess I need to be a little more patient!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:08 am Last night, my husband was looking at the calendar, using his account on his computer, and he turned off the Stake Center location and all of the Stake Activities that were actually scheduled at the Stake Center disappeared. The all day entries, such as Fast Sunday or Thanksgiving, or anything that is on any of the Stake Calendars, but isn't an actual activity where it has been scheduled at the building were still there. He still can't see the other Wards and the Branch that uses the Stake Center, just our Ward and the Stake activities.
I'm unclear as to what is going wrong. Are events remaining that shouldn't (because he doesn't have that calendar selected), or are events disappearing that should remain because he does have the calendar selected?

I'm not spotting anything abnormal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:53 am
I'm unclear as to what is going wrong. Are events remaining that shouldn't (because he doesn't have that calendar selected), or are events disappearing that should remain because he does have the calendar selected?

I'm not spotting anything abnormal.
He has all of our Ward and Stake Calendars selected. Every Stake event that is actually scheduled at the building disappears when he unselects the Stake Center location. The entries that are not an actual activity and is not scheduled to be at the building, but is just on the stake calendar, such as Fast Sunday or Thanksgiving, those entries remain. Which, that makes sense as they are not an actual activity and shouldn't be linked to any building. The Ward events remained visible when the Stake Center location was turned off. We meet in the Stake Center, but I am assuming that by default, no matter what locations are turned on or off, we probably would see our Ward calendar.

Now this morning he tried it and nothing disappears when he turns the Stake Center location off.

The software has a mind of it's own it seems. Hopefully it will become happy soon and everyone will be able to do their scheduling and planning.

Return to “Calendar”